Champions League - Matchday 6

Clearly, the competition only hots up in the knock-out stages but it’s going to be a pretty low key last round of group games given there’s only 2 groups with qualification spots still in the melting pot (as far as I know).

I think both those groups are on tonight - the Chelsea, Roma, Bordeaux battle and the Inter, Famagusta and Panathinaikos tussle. Of course, there’s still groups where 1st and 2nd place spots have still to be confirmed.

I believe Liverpool are resting players despite this (in fairness they eliminated Barca in the last 16 a couple of years ago so I doubt they care where if they only come 2nd).

Any TFKCSC or BRECSC members heading to Glasgow tomorrow?

has to be the most low key champs league last round of group matches in a long time…

I suppose with most of the groups pretty much decided for both spots, it is a bit of an anti climax finish to the league stages this year. And especially with 3 of the English teams sorted, the promotion on tv and newspapers isnt going to be nearly as high as usual.

[quote=“Bandage”]

Any TFKCSC or BRECSC members heading to Glasgow tomorrow?[/quote]

Not heading over as Aerlingus never pushed back those flights we booked, couldnt be arsed staying over and taking two days off work.

Seriously? That’s the flight I’m due to come home on!

I never even considered that it wouldn’t be put back to 11.30pm, like for the other Champions League home games.

So, it’s the regular 10.15pm flight then?

If so, I’m fooked and I don’t have the cash to book accomodation and a return flight on Thursday morning.

Please tell me this is a pisstake Tipper.

Christ Bandage, that’s a fucker. I guess less people booked to go this time so they weren’t arsed moving the flights.

Shite last round of matches though.

Blanking tomo myself…I hope there is no more than 10,000 at Celtic Park tomorrow.

Board and management need to see that this season’s European “adventure” has been an embarrassment and unacceptable to the supporters.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Blanking tomo myself…I hope there is no more than 10,000 at Celtic Park tomorrow.

Board and management need to see that this season’s European “adventure” has been an embarrassment and unacceptable to the supporters.[/quote]

And snub the Board after they’ve gone to all the trouble of bringing Gerry Marsden up to Glasgow to sing YNWA alone before the game?

How could you dancingbaby?

How could you?

[quote=“Bandage”]Seriously? That’s the flight I’m due to come home on!

I never even considered that it wouldn’t be put back to 11.30pm, like for the other Champions League home games.

If so, I’m fooked and I don’t have the cash to book accomodation and a return flight on Thursday morning.

Please tell me this is a pisstake Tipper.[/quote]

this is always the danger when you are part of a sporting bandwagon im afraid

What? Flight times might get changed?

Hope Celtic take something off Villareal as United will play the Carling Cup team ahead of the more important game against Spurs on Saturday.

Cracking quote from Mary Hannigan’s Planet Football this week.

“Our defence was a wall of real men facing Valencia’s homosexuals.”

• Rosenborg’s Alejandro Lago’s considered analysis of their recent Champions League game against the Spaniards.

massive massive game for us tonight- we could get the yoofa cup or top the group

tough one to call tactically- should we go for the win or play for the draw- Spaletti is an agressive managaer so i expect us to go for it

[quote=“Bandage”]Seriously? That’s the flight I’m due to come home on!

Please tell me this is a pisstake Tipper.[/quote]

Yep Bandage, the flight is still 22.15. I heard the reason the flights weren’t put back was because Naomh Padraic stopped group booking with them and chartered their own flight through Aer Arran. There were a good few empty seats on the flight home after Manu game, NP pulled out of Aerlingus and flew Aer Arran from Prestwick. Reckon there’ll be feck all at the match tomorrow.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]massive massive game for us tonight- we could get the yoofa cup or top the group

tough one to call tactically- should we go for the win or play for the draw- Spaletti is an agressive managaer so i expect us to go for it[/quote]

Are Roma home or away NCC?

home

Any of the Manchester United supporters on here have any opinion on Ronaldo being fit for tomorrow night?

When you think about it, he pretty much took a sulk and demanded to be taken off at Villa after getting tackled and they dropped two points in that game. Then he took it upon himself to walk off the pitch on Saturday when the game was still locked at 0-0.

On each occasion, it’s turned out that there was nothing wrong with him and you even have Ferguson saying he was right to walk off because he might have hurt himself more by trying to run it off. It’s like they’re letting him away with displays of petulance for fear of upsetting him in case it prompts him to demand a transfer again.

I suppose it shows how much the game’s changed in favour of the players over the years. Can you imagine Ferguson letting his players away with shit like this a decade ago?

NCC or anyone else have a link for the Roma game?

http://sportsonlaptops.blogspot.com/

Thanks - nice one Shan.