Champions League Matchday Four

Eto’o was superb tonight, and has been in fantastic form.

Terrific goal as well.

To be honest I can see myself agreeing with you in five years when Spurs are in the Championship and are struggling to pay the rent in the Olympic Stadium.

I see Scholes up to his old tricks with a sneaky handball in Turkey tonight.

Claimed his innocence to the referee as well.

Hate that fucker.

He scores goals galore…

Matt Cooper is an utterly shit football presenter.

I didn’t know Tommy Martin was a big Celtic man:
http://twitter.com/tommymartin77

Tony Cascarino is a simpleton.

Kirsteen O’Sullivan is hot.

This coming from a supporter of a club equivalant of the Northen Uninionsts except they use Bin Laden money to build a stadium? You couldn’t make it up? :smiley:

Should ye not be back in Woolwich and leave the 14 diddies and the rest of North London to people who are actually from there?

Wenger is a great manager but mentioning him has nothing to do with Harry Redknapp, whoever said he was in the same league ffs?

I’m beginning to like the Yids anyway, very enjoyable game last night. A proper football club with a proper history unlike FC Taliban who like gypsys moved around London until they settled in Islington.

As someone who have lived in London I can tell you if you think Spurs will go away anytime soon let alone be in the Championship you need your head examined?

Ajax to win away tonight at Auxerre, the French are missing a load of players, and are more or less fucked in the group. 13/8, get on.

Great post mate, use of FC Taliban is brilliant.

Tell me - how does living in London give you a better perspective on it? I’m just curious as to the relevance.

Where did I say I was a supporter also?

Cos only a supporter of the Nomads would hijack any praise of the Yids. Kind of like a KK hurling fan saying “we’re going for 3 in a row” when Tipperary win a national league or something.

Has nothing to do with the price of fish but it grates them as their neighbours are taking from their saintly glow. Pure begrudgers. Kills Aresnel that Spurs played pretty football for 100 years pre 1996, Woolwich can’t preach Wengers beautiful game to Tottenham fans as they have no right. Its a bit like KK getting riled by the home of hurling jibe, if your that much better why worry about it?

Living in London tells me 2 things.

Spurs will not be playing in the Champuionship anytime soon, unless FC Woolwich have them demoted as they’ve done before?

Spurs will not be moving to the Olympic Stadium, the atmoshere last night was something the Bin Laden stadium could only dream of.

Disappointed that their not showing Chesea/Moscow although have interest in AC/RM too.Backed AC (DNB) tonight @ 6/4 and Zlatan to score first @ 7s

Credit to RTE for their choice of match tonight, unlike those utter tards at TV3 last night. I see Dunphy is on here. Where has he been for his radio show the last three weeks?

+1. I saw it reported that he was in France finishing off a book he’s writing.

Potential for some decent games tonight with Real, Bayern, Arsenal, Roma all away from home so should be a bit more finely balanced than last week.

All credit to RTÉ too. I’m going to start out by watching Aiden though.

Interesting to see McGeady starting on the left side - probably a ploy to keep him away from Ashley Cole and illustrative of how effective he has been if they’re moving people around to maximise his effectiveness.

Decent effort from Aiden there. Open enough game so far. Chelsea pushing on but Spartak are excellent on the break. Keeping it scoreless at the other end might be the concern though.

Have to still suffer the pain of Houghton co-commentating. “He should have done this, should have done that”

I must have missed the part where he was a top top player himself.

Youtube hero misses a one on one with Casillas

While he is an annoying cunt as a commentator he did score winning goals in major finals against England and Italy as well as being a key part of possibly the best Liverpool team of all time, so yes he was a top player.

40 minutes of classic Zlatan so far. He cant control the ball, he can’t tackle, he can’t track back, he can’t stay onside, he can’t finish. What a player.

On holidays it seems. His attendance on The Last Word was fair at best too.

EAMON Dunphy has dismissed speculation that he has quit Newstalk after being conspicuously absent from his Sunday morning slot.

Speaking to the Sunday Tribune yesterday, Dunphy said he had just arrived back from France where he was working on a book but that his “loose arrangement” with the station meant he would not be on the airwaves every week.

“I am doing the show next Sunday [7 November] and I haven’t quit, no,” he said.

“I was in France until last night but I am still working with Newstalk. It’s a loose arrangement.”

Rumours began to circulate that Dunphy may have packed it in after being absent for the last three weeks.

However, the popular sporting and current affairs pundit said that the show was likely to feature other guest hosts from time to time.

Dunphy has already taken two months off this year – during the summer, after only seven weeks at the helm of The Dunphy Show, during which time Irish Daily Star editor Ger Colleran filled in as presenter.

More recently historian Diarmaid Ferriter has acted as stand-in on the show. Dunphy was staying in France to work on his memoirs.

Of all 24 shows aired so far, Dunphy has only presented 12, and despite the regular change of hosts, it has continued to register a rising audience.

JNLR figures released last Friday show that the programme drew 10,000 more listeners than last June, with an average of 50,000 tuning in every Sunday morning.

Despite this, the programme has not managed to snatch any of its rivals’ listeners, as figures show RTé presenter Marian Finucane has seen a rise of 32,000 listeners to 365,000.

Newstalk also has reason to celebrate after a 7% increase in listenership for George Hook, while an extra
8,000 are now tuning into Seán Moncrieff.

On 6 November, Hook will begin presenting a new Saturday-morning show from 10 to 12am focusing on news from the week and advice on money issues.

It is understood the show will also feature an agony aunt section entitled “Dear George” where listeners will be invited to send their personal dilemmas to the presenter.

Meanwhile, JNLR figures show that listeners are deserting the majority of the big-name broadcasters.

RTé suffered losses on its Drivetime (229,000) and Morning Ireland (426,000) programmes, while the Pat Kenny (320,000) and Joe Duffy (396,000) shows also suffered losses.