Champions League Qualifiers 2018 /2019

I always cheer on the LOI teams in Europe but that mob test that view .

cringe

hope legia smash the cunts

2 Likes

They probably will and fuck up the paperwork .

1 Like

@mickee321, there must be wild scenes of jubilation throughout Kosovo after Drita’s victory today. Think it’s the first ever win for a Kosovan side in Europe. Roll on Friday’s clash with Lincoln Red Imps for a place in the first qualifying round proper and a clash against Malmo.

2 Likes

i saw that allright
Saw a bit of Lincoln and Florita earlier, id expect Lincoln to come thru but its difficult to gauge how good the Kosovan’s are, it must be noted they beat Santa Coloma from Andorra who i think beat Aleskert from Armenia in the 2014 15 UEFA cup qualifiers and are no mugs at this level
given that the final will be played at Victoria stadium , id have to side with Lincoln here

1 Like

Celtic flew out to Armenia tonight after their 0-7 win in Tallaght yesterday. Could have done with a much easier first game.

Looks like Edouard and Dembele will both be featuring up front in these qualifiers unless Dembélé gets sold along the way. Deadline is Monday for registering an extra player for this round. An outside chance that McGinn signs then but it’s unlikely.

Goals from that game on Saturday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuXp_cQ3VU

Griffiths and Compper (surprisingly) didn’t travel as they’re injured. Jonny Hayes returned from the broken leg he sustained last Christmas on the Austrian tour but picked up a different injury.

Seems certain that Rodgers will go with the 3-1-4-2 he’s been using in the last couple of pre-season games.

Gordon;
Hendry, Ajer, Simunovic;
Brown;
Forrest, McGregor, Ntcham; Tierney;
Dembélé, Edouard.

Lustig and Rogic will be given time off after the World Cup and I think Boyata is sidetracked by a different game tomorrow night.

Likes of Sinclair, Morgan, Christie, Eboue and academy lads such as Ralston, Miller and Johnston will be the bench options unless I’ve forgotten someone.

anyone heading down to the X tonite?
looks like McNulty is out so Peter Cherrie will start in goal
game is sold out which is fantastic
if there was a time to catch Legia it’s probably now as they are still in pre season - its a very tall order however
not on domestic TV here but Polish TV are showing it for those who use IPTV, etc

It’s not on Polish TV tonight. TVP say that they can’t get a signal from Oireland. They are televising the return leg. Legia are streaming the game tonight on their website apparently.

breaking news as now CCFC are claiming they will stream the game live… no details as of yet - just a random twitter post from CCFC

had Legia anyone in the world cup squad? will they be missing?

Good luck to Legia tonight.

3 Likes

Yes

Agreed

Pazdan the baldy guy that got roasted against Colombia. And Celtic legend Bartosz Berezynski. The WC guys are not available.

2 Likes

eduardo that croatian brazillian fella who was with shaktar and arsenal also isnt travelling

city have a chance here tonight tho
i know legia played dundalk off the park in the first leg in 2016 in the aviva but dundalk should have beaten them in poland- pats did them in 2014 (jn the first leg) and they were smashed by mediocre teams like Dortmund in the CL groups, they always strike me as being flaky enough - and i wouldnt be backing them at 8/11

Legia have bought a flaking player from Wisla Krakow, a Spanish guy Carlitos, Scored 24 goals last season a real crowd pleaser. Think he was with Villareal reserves before. Don’t think he’s playing tonight but should be playing for the second leg.

This is him on Turbokozak last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqkVmuRgxtw

This is the team anyway

Simunovic gifting them a reasonable chance there by diving in for no reason. He hasn’t improved over the break.