Champions League Round of 16

Whatever it was, I never understood it.

It made first legs very intriguing.

Like, with the away goals rule a 1-0 home victory like PSG’s tonight would have been a better result than it is because you knew that with Mbappe’s pace they’d have surely have nicked at least one in Madrid.

And it takes way the greatest moments of drama in sport, when a team goes from losing to winning with one shot.

6 Likes

Footballers should be banned off social media

4 Likes

Will the BT sports lads sit down ta fuck? Wandering around the studio non stop

Tonight is the night that you’d miss the TFK Italian/ulster posters.

1 Like

He’d have had a giro d’italia for the first 70 mins and then invented something about the ref for the last 15. The Italians were great, til they ran out of energy. From about 65mins the writing was on the wall.

1 Like

Bayern Munich seem to have gone back a good bit this season. They lost 4-2 at Bochum at the weekend and were very lucky tonight against Salzburg, they nicked a late equaliser for a 1-1 draw. Salzburg had a blatant penalty not given at 1-0 and missed a gilt edged chance for 2-0 with ten minutes left when there were three players queueing up to score.

This Nagelsmann chap has a fierce bang of Andre Villas Boas off him.

Liverpool and Manchester City are the two best teams in Europe by a mile, the Premier League is almost completely dominant, and the continental leagues are in crisis.

Liverpool were played off the park by inter until Liverpool brought on nearly two million worth off subs.

Liverpool let them run their little Italian hearts out and then bang, bang, tie over.

Fuck all Italians mate. Bastoni the only one who springs to mind.

Liverpool have been humiliated by two Spanish teams in the last two champions leagues but their fans somehow come to the conclusion they are the second best team in Europe due to being miles off the pace of Man City in the premier league.

Is that two million net?

3 Likes

Two hundred million sorry.

1 Like

Liverpool were woeful and won 2-0. City, Liverpool, PSG and Bayern only teams with chance for me.

Nett is all that’s worth anything apparently.

Seething……

1 Like

how have united fared in the knockout phases on the last 2 champions leagues?

If A patched up inter Milan side consisting of free transfers and a few nobody’s can play Liverpool off the park I doubt very much Real Madrid, psg, Bayern, Chelsea or Man City would be too worried about meeting them.

Chelsea have done City a few times since TT took over. You’d feel after a mid season rest they’ll come back strong. Don’t think any team will fancy them.

The current Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea sides must be 3 of the most boring teams of their quality of all time.

2 Likes

I don’t see any continental teams having much chance of winning this tournament. Ajax might be the standout continental team in the competition. The rest are either a circus like PSG or bloated and past it like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Atleti Woof.

I don’t see much of a future for any of the big continental leagues. They’re either irrelevant like Serie A which has become a sort of football equivalent of golf’s Seniors Tour, or relying on monied superclubs which have turned their leagues into processions.

Norwich would probably beat Real Madrid at the moment.