Champions League Round of 16

Thr champions league has been shite for ages tbf. Too much filler not enough killer.

The knockout rounds are generally brilliant.

I think this season is just a down year in general for club football because it just can’t compare to the World Cup

It’s the split season’s fault this year

Worst champions league i can remember. English teams in awful form. Real crap, Bayern crap, Psg crap. Only team in form is Napoli. Hope they do it. Actually think Liverpool or Chelsea could win it.

Chelsea could win it if they get beaten 3-0 by Dortmund tonight and sack Potter and replace him with Gianfranco Zola as interim manager.

1 Like

Guus Hiddink will get them to a Final easily.

Liverpool are an absolute lump job v Real Madrid next week. I could see them 3 mil after 20 minute’s or something like that.

1 Like

Liverpool don’t have a rat’s chance.

They’ll absolutely destroy Real Madrid. Liverpool have been humiliated twice by Madrid in two finals in recent years but Madrid are finished and Liverpool have had a very light schedule in recent week. They looked very fresh Monday and this game will mean way more to them than Real Madrid.

It’s like the time Tyrone came down to Killarney in 2011 or so and Kerry destroyed them and then celebrated like they won the all Ireland afterwards giving it big licks all the Tyrone players who were in the mid 30s.

Who are Donegal in this scenario?

I honestly wouldn’t have any overly strong opinion on who’ll win it out but has the hall marks of an incredibly boring but efficient Bayern Munich team.

They don’t really fit the Donegal mould. Porto will have to win it

Looks like Liverpool dodged a bullet not buying this Enzo chump

@Thomas_Brady saving the day there for Dortmund

Another defeat for the Crafty Potter.

They have won 2 of the ten games they have played since the World Cup.
Beating both Bournemouth and Palace at Stamford Bridge.
They play Southampton at home this weekend so you would imagine they will win that. Otherwise it is really getting grim for Potter.

Chelsea Champions League nights are very meh.

In fairness its pretty tough on him getting so many players. Even Steve Cooper struggled with bedding in so many players at once. Give him time.

I’d say he feels obliged to start them too. He had 5 of the January signings starting last weekend.
No top quality out and out centre forward signed for all the spending they did.

He should get at least the same amount of time as Moyesey