Champions League - Round of Four

I hope real and Bayern are kept apart. It’s a combined 45 years since other two won their respective leagues. If Liverpool or Roma win then fair play to them but I hope they don’t draw each other. I fancy Roma to win it out

1 Like

One for @Sidney or @GeoffreyBoycott.

When was the last time there were teams from 4 different countries in the champions league semi-finals?

Not sure off the top of my head but I do recall it happening in 2010, Internazionale, Barcelona, Bayern and Lyon. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy unsurprisingly well wide of the mark yet again asserting that it was 2006.

1981 the last time a single representative from England, Italy, Spain and Germany filled the semi final places. It was West Germany in 1981 but same team Bayern:

1 Like

According to Guillem Balague Sergio Ramos will get a further one game ban for watching some of the match from the dug out while suspended. Great chance for one of the other teams to build a lead

Was he really there though? Couldn’t he just swear on his daughters life he wasnt?

1 Like

Only a proper weirdo would do such a thing mate

any sign of @Matty_Hislop today

i hope he has the gumption to apologise to the forum

I’m not sure if any team has ever snuck into the last four of this competition so unnoticed as Bayern Munich.

Jupp Heynckes is back in charge and he has steadied the ship really well after Carlo Ancelotti’s sacking. He has a proven record of winning in Europe.

They were robbed barefaced last season against Real Madrid in one the great sporting injustices of all time, as bad as last night.

I’ll be hoping to avoid them in the draw.

1 Like

Agreed. And they seemed poor enough last night. I fáncy them to win it now. A mad competition though where all the other teams left besides them are miles behind in their respective leagues.

Jupp on the cusp of a 3rd European Cup/P45 double.

Bayern Munich’s ubiquitousness means they are unnoticed . Team to beat I think .

It’s a tuff one as a neutral who I’d like to see win. Liverpool, no cause of all the pretend Irish pool fans. Munich=Germans. Madrid won it enough. I think I’ll have to shout for Roma

1 Like

The results of Real Madrid - Bayern Munich European ties tend to alternate like the results of Galway-Tipperary clashes in the All-Ireland hurling championship.

Madrid have won the last two but you can’t overlook that the only reason they won last year was because of such dreadful officiating.

Munich would be ravenous to get revenge this year.

1 Like

What time is the draw?

bandwagoner alert

1 Like

Answer the question.

I don’t know the answer so went for a snide pop at you instead

10 Likes

A tried and trusted method.