Champions League Semi-finals

to say Barca havent been tested is a bit silly, sure how have Chelsea been tested if thats the case? Have Chelsea been really put up to? Granted, Liverpool had them going in the away leg, but if they lost that it would have been one of the biggest falls in CL history. Go by league form? Barca did well to rescue a point at the weekend away to Valencia. That was a big game put up to them and they were about to lose it.

I cant see past Barca winning, and I hope they win it out. Can see Arsenal winning the other tie, but Sundays emphatic second half for Utd could be the end of their blip of form.

Sorry dtb, it’s difficult for some of us to get worked up over group games and the likes. I know to Celtic fans every group game is a cup final, but some teams treat them as a necessary evil before the tournament starts properly.

OK then, I don’t believe they’ve been tested enough. Teams in La Liga know they’re beaten before a ball is kicked at the Camp Nou. Chelsea might lose the game tonight, and lose the tie, but hopefully they won’t go out with a damage limitation mentality like almost every other team does at that venue.

United/Chelsea Final again. I can see Chelsea getting a score draw tonight and will finish the job at home. United will beat Arsenal by a 3 goal margin and will score at an away goal at Arsenal in maybe a losing effort there.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Bara destroy Chelsea tonight.
Just hope Guardiola doesn’t play Puyol away from centre back.

United in the final? Crazy shan, I cant believe you went for them.

Thats astonishing.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Sorry dtb, it’s difficult for some of us to get worked up over group games and the likes. I know to Celtic fans every group game is a cup final, but some teams treat them as a necessary evil before the tournament starts properly.

[/quote]

Your comment was that the Champions League does not get much better than :

Man Utd vs Arsenal and Barca vs Chelsea.

That to me is an idiotic and blinkered view Sledge.

thats more of a point about Chelsea rather than Barca, but your’re right. If Chelsea go out and give it a go instead of limiting the opposition, then they could do well, much in the same way as they went out against Liverpool. I dont see it happening tho, but you never know. Barca havent been tested enough because teams arent good enough to keep with them. That is the reason they arent tested.

[quote=“myboyblue”]United in the final? Crazy shan, I cant believe you went for them.

Thats astonishing.[/quote]

Did you see his top players of the past decade list?

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Your comment was that the Champions League does not get much better than :

.[/quote]

What match up would you prefer to watch out of interest?

[quote=“Pikeman”]It wouldn’t surprise me to see Bara destroy Chelsea tonight.
Just hope Guardiola doesn’t play Puyol away from centre back.[/quote]

Where else would he play him? If he thinks Pique and Marquez are his best 2 CBs then he shouldn’t be trying to shoehorn Puyol into the team just because he’s a club legend. Either way, I think he’s finished, even at CB.

[quote=“padjo”]What match up would you prefer to watch out of interest?

[/quote]

Barca match

I asked for that fooking thread to be locked days ago, WTF?!!!

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Your comment was that the Champions League does not get much better than :

That to me is an idiotic and blinkered view Sledge.[/quote]

There are world class players out there such as Torres and Kaka who aren’t involved obviously, but you can only have 4 teams in the SF, there isn’t enough room for every world class player in Europe to be playing.

Get on it. The Pukes owns it so its up to him to make the request.

padjo can correct me if I am wrong, but I think he meant who would you prefer to see playing in the semi finals if not any of these 4 teams?

Right, can you speak “lara”?

The whoey what now?

Thats what i meant alright, obviously didn’t phrase it well

Yeah, it’s a valid reason that teams don’t have the players to keep with them. It doesn’t take away from the fact though, the fact being that they seem to have it all their own way quite often. If it’s partially a reflection of how great a team they are, then I’ll be prepared to acknowledge that at the end of the season, make no mistake.

They struggled for ideas at the weekend when Valencia put it up to them, and I think there is a bit of momentum building towards a Madrid win in the clasico on Saturday night. Throw in a result tonight for Chelsea and they might have a wobble. I don’t dislike them the way I did when Rijkaard was in charge, but I loathe to see their coronation as the Best Team In Europe happen before they’ve lifted a trophy.