Champions League Semi-finals

The language of “Clonlara”.

DB can correct me if im wrong but I assume AS Roma would be one of them, the football they play is brilliant & outplayed Asenal over 2 legs but a combination of crap cheating referees & the beast missing sitters conspired against them,

How’d Roma do there at the weekend? :smiley:

AS Roma is an also-ran of Italian football, never mind European football. Totti has his WC medal and hats off to him, but he doesn’t belong in the last 4 of the CL

Ironic considering they were banned for a year in the 80s for bribing a ref in a semi against Dundee United.

:smiley:

nice pasta that stuff

Great fooking jerseys those ones though, quality.

Check out the tache on the fella on the far right. I hope to God he’s a player. Great stuff.

Thats Fr. Stone :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

I didn’t realise Barca were at home, I am changing my prediction to a 3-1 home win

finally someone with a bit of sense

Messi to destroy a defensively poor out of position Bosingwa. Barca 3-1 at least.

Quite conservative for a team who’ve bagged 136 goals this season. :smiley:
I hope you’re right anyway.

I’d play him in the centre instead of Marquez anyway. Puyol is muck muck muck anywhere else. There’s been a few times where he’s been put out left back this season. I don’t like him at all and hate the way it seems he always has to be included because of his legend status. Of course I would be shot if I said that in Barcelona but to me it’s safer to have him at centre back.

He’ll see feck all of the ball tonight anyway as it’ll be stuck up the other end.

[quote=“Pikeman”]
He’ll see feck all of the ball tonight anyway as it’ll be stuck up the other end.[/quote]

Bold stuff. Hopefully he doesn’t see too much of the ball because when he does, Drogba will be attached to it and that’s bad news for him.

No they didn’t, they created lots of chances as usual. You didn’t watch the match, you might recall.
http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showpost.php?p=163493&postcount=224

Anyway Barca to win 2-1 in each leg.

Guardiola’s mentioned that he’s concerned about Chelsea’s physicality and aerial threat. Ya Ya Toure will definitely come back in after being rested for the Valencia game to add some presence to the midfield. I reckon he’ll still keep Xavi and Iniesta in there beside him rather than sacrificing the latter for Keita. The front three pick themselves and I would imagine Abidal will get the nod at left back, with Puyol retaining his position in the centre beside Pique. Should be a good game and I’ll be hoping that Barca beat the absolute shit out of them. I doubt that will happen though.

Barca are no value in this tie so im taking a little 9/2 double for Chelsea and Arsenal to go through.

[quote=“therock67”]No they didn’t, they created lots of chances as usual. You didn’t watch the match, you might recall.
http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showpost.php?p=163493&postcount=224

Anyway Barca to win 2-1 in each leg.[/quote]

I was told by a few different people that they “struggled a bit”. If not for “ideas” then fair enough - they failed to score enough goals to win the game, either way. I’ll take that again tonight.