Charlie (containing yet another tfk exclusive)

Correct

Charlie never feared Limerick.

Who was the knob in the jax?

Did that scene really happen?

Looked a bit ott

The daughter she gave up for adoption is the mother of holly carpenter, the model.

If he was such a great leader he wouldnt have been banging a munter like keane

So she wasn’t at Donogh then

Jesus it’s mental to think of some of the crazy shit those cunts got up to. Having the nordie cops lift a fella so he couldn’t testify. I’d forgotten all about that. Bugginng fucking everyone.
Dessie O Malley with the sword was a bit much though.

The problem I have with it is I think it’s poorly casted. Haughey would have been 56/57 in 1982. He looks too young, the accent is lost every now and again. He also comes across a bit “lavender”.
PJ Mara comes across totally camp mostly due to Nidge also trying to act older.
Lenihan, Doherty are the country bumkins.
McSharry, O Malley and Gregory come out of it alright.
I can’t figure out who your man hiding in the jacks is meant to be.

I thought the first night was woeful so yeah, last nights was better.
The funniest thing is the Mrs thinks she is into it because of the love hate crew but hasn’t a bull’s notion what’s happening in it. :slight_smile:

Who plays Tony Gregory? Any good?

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1072390, member: 53”]Jesus it’s mental to think of some of the crazy shit those cunts got up to. Having the nordie cops lift a fella so he couldn’t testify. I’d forgotten all about that. Bugginng fucking everyone.
Dessie O Malley with the sword was a bit much though.[/QUOTE]
The sword thing did happen according to the doc on CJH from some time back but it was someone else had it to hand, not O’Malley. There was a TD attacked after that vote though it happened out in the car park and not indoors, but then it is a drama etc.

[QUOTE=“halfforward, post: 1072477, member: 2890”]The problem I have with it is I think it’s poorly casted. Haughey would have been 56/57 in 1982. He looks too young, the accent is lost every now and again. He also comes across a bit “lavender”.
PJ Mara comes across totally camp mostly due to Nidge also trying to act older.
Lenihan, Doherty are the country bumkins.
McSharry, O Malley and Gregory come out of it alright.
I can’t figure out who your man hiding in the jacks is meant to be.

I thought the first night was woeful so yeah, last nights was better.
The funniest thing is the Mrs thinks she is into it because of the love hate crew but hasn’t a bull’s notion what’s happening in it. :)[/QUOTE]

The lad hiding in the jacks is supposed to be Brian Cowen.

Elmo from Love/Hate

He’s not bad. Bland enough role I think.

Cowen wasn’t a TD at the time. According to the writer on twitter it’s not specifically any TD at all, just a general representation of some of the TD’s that were about (and maybe still are) at the time.

the guy playing Bertie has nailed it

So it didn’t happen then. Why would they change that?

According to Wiki…Giggons was jumped outside the Dail by some FF supporters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gibbons_(Irish_politician)#Later_political_career

[QUOTE=“Phil Leotardo, post: 1072547, member: 197”]According to Wiki…Giggons was jumped outside the Dail by some FF supporters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gibbons_(Irish_politician)#Later_political_career[/QUOTE]

Jim Gibbons, yeah. That was known at the time.

It did happen, just not as shown last night.