Cheltenham-Early thoughts

They are but that doesnā€™t matter. Connolly will need to prove himself for a bit first of all, if he keeps that up he will get his chance.

None of the Irish attacking players have proven themselves at Premier League level

Neither has Connolly.

For an EPL debut, thats a serious performance from Connolly.

Pleased for the young ladā€¦only 19 as well.

I know. Nicolo Zaniolo was given his first call up for Italy before he played in Serie A. How many Serie A games had Moise Kean started when he got his debut for Italy?

Zaniolo didnā€™t play for Italy until he had established himself as a regular for Roma.

Kean had a season on loan at Hellas Verona in Serie A and a number of games with Juve before he made his Italy debut.

Is Scott Hogan who has proven himself unable to get into the Stoke team last in the Championship a better option than Aaron Connolly do you think?

He has experience.

Experience of not being good enough to get into the worst team in the Championship. Aaron Connolly has experience of being able to break into a team in the Premier League

1 Like

Iā€™d let him breathe first of all, let him establish himself and leave him with the u21s for now.

Iā€™d go with Hogan for now but if Connolly keeps up then he will force himself into the reckoning.

How many times have you seen Connolly play as a matter of interest?

A handful.

I doubt it

Why?

Are you a big fan of the Irish u21s or the Brighton u23s?

Do you understand the term a handful?

1 Like

I get the @Cicero_Dandi view on not throwing Connolly in too early but Hogan cannot get a game for a terrible Stoke team and has been atrocious every time heā€™s come on for Ireland in the last year. His cameo against Switzerland was embarrassing.

He was embarrassing against Bulgaria as well. That viewpoint is fine when a country has options. We donā€™t

Iā€™d be surprised at more than one full game

Again, do you understand the term a handful?