City Breaks

[quote=“Bandage, post: 888448, member: 9”]Thanks chaps. Was looking at Bilbao and San Sebastian this afternoon as it happens. I think Aer Lingus fly to Bilbao on something like Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and San Sebastian’s a 90 minute drive from there. Any other travel options from Dublin?

Seville definitely interests me? Flight options?

[/quote]

Might have to fly to Malaga then get a train.

Seville

Thanks again, fellas. You’re a very courteous and helpful bunch with the notable exception of @carryharry.

Anytime.

Salzburg is a lovely spot too.

Isn’t there an Iberia flight to Santander? Somewhere near anyway. Bilbao and San Sebastián are near there and you can see two smashing cities and some lovely coastline in the one weekend. Done.

Lahinch.

Weak @Tess Tickle , embarrassing really.

Gortroe!:slight_smile:

Berlin is one of my favourite cities in Europe but there is a good chance it will be nippy enough.

February is a great time to go to Rome, weather should be warm enough and not many crowds. There is so much to see and do there. You could even try and take a Roma match in.

[quote=“Fran, post: 888697, member: 110”]Berlin is one of my favourite cities in Europe but there is a good chance it will be nippy enough.

February is a great time to go to Rome, weather should be warm enough and not many crowds. There is so much to see and do there. You could even try and take a Roma match in.[/quote]

Went to Rome February 2012, got savage weather, clear blue skies and not a hint of cold during the day.

Anyone ever been to Budapest? Is it any use? Probably a bit cold in late February?

@Bandage , can you flesh this trip out a little further for us? Will you be traveling alone? Is this a romantic trip? Is the hotel bedroom the focal point of the trip? Does the city need to have a vibrant prostitution trade? Will there be a proposal in the offing?

Budapest is decent but I wasn’t overly enthused. Far enough to be going just for a weekend too. If you’re going that far you could go to Croatia or somewhere.

Didn’t see (m)any direct flights to Croatia at this time of year. It’s a 2hr 50 min flight to Budapest so not too long. @Appendage[/USER] and @[USER=15]ClarkeyCat gave it a thumbs up but I wanted more reliable feedback so thanks for your response.

Have a week off in late Feb and considering going somewhere home or abroad with wife and six month old. At the moment east cork and Lanzarote are options. I was thinking maybe a city would be better considering time of year. all suggestions welcome for first trip with cb jnr. I think I will wait for the summer to sample the splendour of Kilmore Quay

Heading to Madrid in March for a weekend. Anyone visited? Any tips?

Who you going with and what’s your interest? Great museums and a tour of the palace is nice enough. Get a good look at the city on the hop on hop off tour. Nightlife is fucking brilliant. If you’re going while the rugby is still on you’ll probably want to watch the matches, there’s a street of ‘Irish’ bars near Sol station that will have them on.

Try and get to the Bernabeu to see a match if you can, Fantastic stadium.

Seville is lovely. Cordoba as well. Don’t go to cordoba in the summer. It is known locally as “the saucepan” apparently, with good reason. It is hot hot hot. Something to do with the mountains. Granada great. Try to get Alhambra tickets first. Car rental from Malaga is another option. Dirt cheap and there is a lovely road over the hills.