City Breaks

I’m off to secure three points for TFK AFC but I need your assistance in suggesting a suitable city break destination in the meantime. The city should be:

• Somewhere in Europe;
  • Not completely freezing in February;
  • No more than a couple of hours away via air transport;
  • Accessible from Dublin Airport on a Friday or Saturday and returning on a Sunday or Monday;
  • Decent;
  • Not necessarily a capital city as being one of the northern hemisphere’s foremost project financiers I’ve been to most of these cities already.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Dusseldorf or Munich or Bilbao or San Sebastian would be my recommendations.

Not much craic travelling by yourself pal.

Bologna.

Amsterdam is the only decent destination for @Bandage .

Not too many cars about to frighten the poor chap, plenty of bikes to rent, opportunity to take in a football match & ride a few brazzers with his monthly bonus.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 888392, member: 1517”]Amsterdam is the only decent destination for @Bandage .

Not too many cars about to frighten the poor chap, plenty of bikes to rent, opportunity to take in a football match & ride a few brazzers with his monthly bonus.[/quote]
You’re forgetting he lived there.

Actually Lisbon too. Very nice city.

Case closed, meet up with old friends & get that treasured discount rate good customers have earned.

Anyone going with you @Bandage?

Lisbon-planning another trip there early March. Lovely city. Or else Seville. San Sebastian as already proposed.

Lisbon, Munich, Bruges, Brussels. And none of them have cunting rugby teams, so you won’t be plagued with hooray Henrys for the weekend.

Antwerp. Fantastic brazzer scene there

Good call, Belgian food and beer is fantastic though, might not be to @Bandage’s taste.

As long as it doesn’t rain.

Don’t go in April so.

http://www.portugalrugbyfestival.com/

Thanks chaps. Was looking at Bilbao and San Sebastian this afternoon as it happens. I think Aer Lingus fly to Bilbao on something like Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and San Sebastian’s a 90 minute drive from there. Any other travel options from Dublin?

Seville definitely interests me? Flight options?

Lisbon is a sacred city for Celtic supporters. I want to experience something new, however.

I didn’t think much of Brussels myself.

Keep the suggestions coming, please. Do you fellas usually book everything separately yourself or use a site offering a complete package?

might i humbly suggest Trier, germany’s oldest city and home of haribo. located on the banks of the mosel, near enough to go to a kaiserslautern match and be a real football snob by espousing the virtues of second division german football over other first divisions. also, you can visit luxembourg and sample the darts league there which i hear is bucket list worthy. you can dine in the irish times recommended wein haus and for kultur you can visit karl marx haus

Antwerp, get some beer into you.

Thought Ryanair flew to some Bilbao regional airport. They probably fly to somewhere near Biarritz too which isn’t far away from San Sebastian anyway.

Seville is a lovely spot too.

San Sebastien is a 90 minute drive from Biarritz but I don’t think that’s much use to Bandage. Fly directly to Seville with Ryanair. Fuck driving if you’re going for 2 nights.