Claire Byrne 🐝

You should really only eat bee produce from your own region. I went to a bee/honey tasting and learning talk in the Cadiz region a few year back and they said that you should try stick to the bee products from your own eco system, that we are all in tune with each other so to get the best benefits from the products you should only ate local.

2 Likes

Most honey is made nowadays by feeding the bees, unfortunately.

What can I do to help the local bee brigade?

No idea.

Will you keep bees when you move back to the bit of land in Galway?

I would like to, yes.

1 Like

I’m going to bring out my inner crusty.

Plant agastache foeniculum, cotoneaster, dahlias, lavender etc. This is an excellent page
https://beehappyplants.co.uk/bee-friendly-gardening-articles/garden-plants-for-all-short-tongued-bees-including-honeybees-and-hardy-in-the-british-isles/

3 Likes

You could also contact your politicians about the issue of bees coming through Irish ports

2 Likes

None of the wankers on the gardening thread like @TreatyStones , @FatChops or @TheUlteriorMotive
wouldd ever dream of educating a fella like this. They’re all about aesthetics and trying to get one up on the neighbours instead of trying to help the environment. I’ll be planting an array of these plants once I know how.

1 Like

Good man yourself. I’d say you could pinch a rake of cotoneaster cuttings from somewhere, you’ve seen plenty of these another bushes I’m sure

His wife is the bush expert.

6 Likes

I bet your pardon

I never promised you a rose garden

Do kids still catch bees in Jam jars

There’s a chap in the estate that took to planting around the place about two years back. He started on a little patch across from his house near the entrance of the estate and has worked his way up along the treeline… All kinds of flowers and he’s out cutting and pruning in all kinds of weather all off his own back . Serious dedication. I must ask him is it bee related

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

I’m sure he’s available in a consultancy capacity

I have a load of lavender put down out the front for the bees. And a bit in the back.

3 Likes

There’s absolutely no point in buying brand/supermarket honey…even if not made by feeding sugar it still would have had the good pasteurised and filtered out of it. Heather honey might be an exception

You’re a stone cold legend

You are fierce waspish today