Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

What age would Aaron Fitz & Brandon Oā€™Connell be?

Fitz has been around a good while, hasnā€™t he between hurling & football?

Fitz is 31/32, he was centre-back for the footballers for four or five seasons before switching codes. One of Eire Ogā€™s main men in the big ball, usually plays fullback for them.

Oā€™Connell Iā€™m guessing maybe mid to late 20s now, I have it in my head he missed a year with a cruciate or something similar when he came out of 21s

Fitz probably should have stayed with the footballers. He is honest but a limited hurler at I/C level.

Think Brandon is in or around 26 or so - same go as Shanagher, Jason Mc etc but open to correction

Oā€™Connell is 27 this year. Good club corner back but Iā€™d imagine most Ballyea people would still rate the much maligned Jack Browne a lot higher and Browne was dropped. (Although i do believe that was on a disagreement with Lohan rather than based on ability.)

I donā€™t think there was a falling out per se but the writing was in the wall for Jack when Paudi Fitz started ahead of him against Kilkenny.

He had seen very little minutes in 2021 or 2022 championship. He is still worth his place on the panel but his days as a starter were gone.

He is an excellent club hurler in fairness to him

The writing was on the wall for Clare when Paidi started against Kilkenny.

Squeaky posterior time

Clare 1-9
Limerick 0-12

Limerick a point up

He was a walking yellow card

Limerick miss a good chance from a mark, five left, all square

Clare go a point up

Brian Donovan shot stopped by Stephen Ryan, Daniel Walsh puts Clare two up

Emmet McMahon drives one over from just inside the 45, three point cushion

Cillian Rouine makes it four, Oā€™Donovan for Limerick pegs it back to three

Full-time
Clare 1-16
Limerick 0-16

Sounded a fine game on the radio. Would have been a huge deflation to have lost that after beating Cork two weeks ago

1 Like

Unchanged from the last day. Think Clune is lucky to be retained, they picked him to man mark Ben Cunningham and was soundly beaten. Niall Oā€™Farrell hit 4 points the first day out v Tipp thought they might start him but think they want Smyth at half forward as a puckout option, he is better at 14 but we are probably better balanced with him at wing forward.

Clare pucking this away with bad wides.

John Conneally is class

He will make a fine corner back

1 Like