Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Pretty much, gudgie is inconsistent as a midfielder and can get lost playing there. He is a fine wing back though. Bobby had the yips that day, his touch was miles off and never settled.

I’m a big fan of Gudgie. Wears his heart on his sleeve, no quarter given. Not afraid to give out a few belts, the type of player you want playing for you.

Bobby is a great striker of a ball, and has undoubted class but probably needs to bring more to the table in terms of ball-winning/aggression if he wants to make a real impact at the highest level.

Spot on with both appraisals. Bobby will always be a complementary player I think, he has been streaky to start with at every grade but he has a long way to go to play senior again. I hope he makes it but he has a lot to prove.

Davy has always had this bizarre notion that you could throw a defender in at half-forward and they would take to the role easily. Says a lot about what his understanding of a half-forward is. Typically the defender in question is consigned to the bench for the season when it inevitable doesn’t work.

1 Like

Everyone knows you play your forwards at half back, not the other way around.

1 Like

Ok, lets have the details.

Football replay tommorow

Kilmurry 2 13 Cradloe 00 6

1 Like

@Raylan @Watch_The_Break

Ballyea 2-4 Clonlara 0-4 after 15. Cracking goal from Deasy there. Clonlara all over the shop early on but looked to be settling into it before that goal

1 Like

Halftime Ballyea 2-5 Clonlara 0-8

Pointless having Nickey and Domhnall playing 30 yards from their own goal, neither in the game. Ballyea could have been out of sight after 20 minutes. Galvin and Conlon keeping Clon in it.

Still anyone’s to play for

Jack Browne will do well to see the game out, Conlon has him in big trouble. Clon a bit more solid since they made the switch at center back

It isn’t like jack browne to get himself sent off.

All three of the Ballyea full back line have scored.
2-9 to 0-10

Goal for Clon… level

2-9 to 1-12
11 min played in 2nd

Conlon goal. 2-9 to 1-12 after 42 mins.

Huge goal. Big test of what Clonlara are about now.