Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

My uncle managed Killeneana to senior but never forgive them for going with inagh

Is it not Inagh/Kilnamona??

Some people will never except that

But youā€™re talking about Killaneana, what have they got to do with Inagh/Kilnamona??

The put their hurling teams together to make one

But Killaneana are joined with Feakleā€¦???

1 Like

Liar liar pants on fire

Iam not

Pat Oā€™Connor and Conor McGrath both played full games for their clubs today in the Clare cup.

2 Likes

Podge played football too

Clare are down to play Cork this weekend in a challenge match. Will be interesting to see how things shape up over the next 6 or 7 weeks. The management have a very good track record of starting players who are in form over reputation so you would get the feeling that it is all to play for. Kelly aside the A/I club run might have hindered some of the Ballyea lads chances of making the team. Gudgie looks to be behind Jason McCarthy in the pecking order now and Jack Browne will also find it hard to make the side with Bugler having a strong finish to the league and the return to fitness of David Mc and Pat Oā€™Connor. Flanagan to his credit did very well when introduced against Dublin.

There are a couple of big calls which will shape the side. Where does he play both David Mc and Pat Oā€™Connor. Both could be anywhere from 2 to 7 and who will be at midfield?

Dillon, David Mc, Pat Oā€™Connor, Cleary and Fitzgerald are all nailed on in the backs with one of Morey, Flanagan and Bugler vying for the last spot. I think this will probably be a horses for courses decision with Morey possibly getting the nod as Limerick will play two inside and he will be sent out the field with Cian Lynch but i would much prefer David McInerney to be given this job and Bugler to start wing back on Dowling, Hegarty or whichever cart horse Limerick pick at half forward. Oisin Oā€™Brien to then take Buglerā€™s place at the end of June when fit again freeing David Mc to play wing back.

Galvin will be one midfielder you would think but his partner will have a knock on effect as to who we pick in the forwards. Both Reidy and Kelly will start, but do you play one of them midfield beside Galvin or play both of them in the forwards? A Galvin- Kelly/Reidy midfield might be a bit on the light side but would allow a spot in the forwards for a grafter/physical player like Cathal Malone. Jamie Shanahan did ok at midfield in the league but I would be surprised if he is retained there for championship as he simply doesnā€™t have enough mobility to get around. He is a wonderful hurler ball in hand but doesnā€™t have the engine or workrate for midfield. This may well open the door for Jason McCarthy to get a start at midfield.

Fahy will keep his place in goal as his puckouts are far superior to either Kelly or Touhy.

Fahy
Dillon-Pat Oā€™Connor-David McInerney
Bugler-Cleary-Fitzgerald
McCarthy-Galvin
Kelly-Podge-Conlon
Reidy-Shanagher-McGrath

With Morey, Gudgie, Shane Oā€™Donnell (if fit), Cathal Mc and Malone/Deasy/Cunningham to come off the bench as impact players

Fahy will need to have a good puckout as every one of them will be on Conlan with that team

Playing Cork in a challenge is worth fuck all.
Limerick, Cork and Clare are all well off the mark when it comes to the levels required.
If I was Clare or Limerick manager, Iā€™d look to play Galway, Kilkenny, Wexford two or three times before June. Tipp or Waterford are not going to offer their services for obvious reasons

The only way the forwards will be any different is if SOD somehow catches fire before June, or if they come to the conclusion that Maloneā€™s graft canā€™t be done without. Even then all six youā€™ve named will probably still start and McCarthy would lose out. If McInerney was a better primary ball winner it would be great to have himself and McGrath playing next to each other but itā€™s hard to see that happening now. Shanagher needs to be there at this stage.

Four certainties at the back as well in PoC, D.Mc, Cleary and David Fitz. If Patch and Davy Mc stay in the full-backline then weā€™re low on options for right-half back. Will probably have to be Bugler. his strength will be useful against Hegarty and Dowling. Iā€™d be inclined to put him on Hegarty and force Dowling to take on the challenge of containing David Fitz.

1 Like

We will blow them off the field and i am fucking serious

Who do we put on Cian Lynch

Who?

That red head GUY who trys to memo tony kelly

The tinker with the rats tail?

Who