Clare V Waterford Munster hurling semi final

Very true. It was one of those days when everything went right for them. Very few Tipp players stood up to their men and besides, Cork are not very likely to be as fired up for any game all year as they were for that one. The only thing is, Cork thrive on momentum. They’ll beat Limerick easily in a game very few neutrals will watch and will come into the Munster final rested and confident with a cup there to be lifted. That’ll count for a lot.

It won’t be just neutrals not watching, a raft of Limerick people will be avoiding it that day too…

sure they have us bate alredy puke, look at the back of the rag today

I see changes for the Limerick game, pressure will be put on players in training. Expect an injury or two as well maybe from the weekend games. As i said i think DW is a horses for courses man. Last sunday i reackon he had certain players told to hit certain balls. For instance Naughton only hit balls in to the corner, bar one ball down the line Gardiner hit a huge amount of ball on top of Aisake, Ben and Jerry seemed to play short or hit Pat Horgan.

I can see Cussen starting half forward and maybe Jerry loosing out, keeping him for the final (presumptuous i know), but if we can’t beat this Limerick team then ye are all right, it was a flash in the pan.

Only time will tell, but i see Cork improving, 'cos they will have to. I would definitely rate Waterford higher than Tipp now, and obviously Cork, KK & Galway. I’m sorry lads, but Clare beating a spread is all ye can hope for i’d say.

What odds would you get on a Waterford-Cork final, or do they do such things? Cork are 1/50 to win semi. Astonishing odds.

Cork will put out the same team again, barring injuries.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 473867”]
I see changes for the Limerick game[/quote]

:lol:

fancied Cork big time on sunday…they had a lot more to answer than tipp before the match…might be hard to reach those heights again …
still very early in year to have such a big performance…wouldn’t write Tipp off yet at all…Galway could be the real winners from yesterday…
lose the leinster final and they more than likely avoid Tipp and KK until All-ireland final…and they won’t fear meeting Cork after league final…

aftertimer

The Clare side to take on Waterford on bank Holiday Monday isn’t likely to be named until later in the week.

Ger O Loughlin is waiting on the fitness of a number of his players with Darach Honan,Diarmuid Mc Mahon and Gerry Quinn all in a race against time to be fit for the clash in Thurles.

Davy Fitzgerald is set to name his side later this evening.

Meanwhile Clare hurling captain Brain O Connell says the senior side can learn lessons from last years U21 winning players in terms of preparing for Monday’s game.

Ger O Loughlin is set to give a number of last years Munster and All Ireland winning side their championship debuts on Monday when they line out against the Deise in Thurles.

The Wolfe tones man feels the older members of the squad can look to their younger counterparts for inspiration

1. Hennessy
  2. Murphy
  3. Lawlor
  4. Connors
  5. Browne
  6. Brick
  7. Nagle
  8. O’ Sullivan
  9. Foley
  10. Dan
  11. Moran
  12. Molumphy
  13. Mullane
  14. Kelly
  15. Maurice

This definitely the team yea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=rLjwbC5OBZA&feature=related

Acording to sideline view this will be the team
Touhy
Vaughan-Dillon-Cooney
Bugler-Diarmuid-Donnellan
BOC-Nickey
Collins-Conlon-Clancy
Honan-Lynch-Ryan

1. Philip Brennan (P.O.Braoinin) Tulla
  2. Mark Flaherty ( M.O.Flaitheartaigh) Killanena
  3. Domhnall O Donovan (D.O.Donnabhain) Clonlara
  4. Cormac O Donovan (C.O.Donnabhain) Clonlara
  5. David Barratt (D.O.Bairead) Newmarket on Fergus
  6. Alan Markham (A.O.Marchain) Kilmaley
  7. Martin “Oige” Murphy (M.O.Murchu) Cratloe
  8. Michael Scanlon ( M.O.Scealain) Scariff
  9. Gerry Quinn (G.O.Coinn) Corofin

That bench isn’t up to much…Barrett and Scanlan are average club hurlers, nowhere near IC level and Flaherty and Ogie ain’t much better

Bench is ok puke, Markham has experience and the two lads form your country are hardy enough. I’m not sure I believe the first 15??

There are four lads on it who will do alright if needed but the rest are poor, honestly can’t see what people see in Dave Barrett, he isn’t even one of the two best in his family…

I think Clare actually could win this game. That Waterford full back line is there for the cleaners. Browne hasnt been training I heard as he is working in the UK, perhaps someone can confirm. Hopefully Clare can settle. Sparrow has picked a team with the legs for Thurles bar Bruiser. Cant believe Markham is still on the panel. Clare need to settle early but I dont think Waterford are all that.

Browne didnt return to the panel til around april AFAIK…Clarewon’t fear waterford and Chaplin and Sparrow know davy and his tactics well, pretty much withdraw the half forward line and look to play quick ball into the full forward line and get the half forwards to run hard every third or fourth ball…If Clare make a good start and get the first couple of scores to help them settle they have a great chance and will grow in confidence but if Waterford start strong they could well blow us away ala 2004…Reckon it will be something like Galway and Wexford last week where we will be in the game for 55 minutes before waterford pull away, but would love for us to get a win…Our two half forwards are pretty small which means all the ball winning will be on Conlon’s shouldersalong with trying to curb the best centre back in the game, it is a tough ask for him but if he hurls well then we have a great chance…

I still haven’t made my mind upn about this management team but fair play to them, the easiest thing in the world would have been to pick the likes of Markham and Brennan but they have gone for youth, by all accounts they are absolutely flying in training over the last 4 or 5 weeks and the players are happy with te set up

Davy is a liability on the sideline always has been. An early goal will settle Clare and I reckon Ryan or Honan will get one in the first 15 minutes. Hennessy wouldnt stop a cold in fairness so the forward should go for goals if there is any chance at all. Brick Walsh is a fine player but I cant see him dominating in the air like Tommy Walsh or JJ delaney. The clare players need to play at pace with no fear. That Waterford side doesnt look any great shakes if you ask me.

Well hopefully we wont need em all puke, I take your point about the other lads in all fairness