Clare V Waterford Munster hurling semi final

Not sure I can agree with you regarding davy KIB man, he took waterford to an all ireland final, I harbour a dislike for papa smurf too but you have to give him that and the players seem to have a lot of respect for him, a few lads I know are mad about him as a manager ???. THat waterford full foward line is very good and 3 of the 4 last line are new lads so I’d be nervous enough, I can see Clancy pulling into the half back for ball but out fowards for once look ‘‘dynamic’’

He is a fine trainer superbly organised and will have the team well prepared. Who did they beat that year - Wexford and tipp was it? Here I’m 10,000 miles away but provided the younger Clare lads rise to the occasion I’m not sure there is too much in front of them to beat. Waterford simply cannot afford to have their two best forwards in the full forward line. That killed them against Kilkenny last year. Knowing Davy though he will leave kelly inside all day no matter what the score is. All Clare need to do is let McMahon drop in front of the full back line and he should sweep up a lot. I’m not sure about the likes of Jamie nagle and Shane O’Sullivan and them. A good start is crucial particularly an early goal. That could spread panic in that Waterford full back line.

Having seen clinton play first hand for a number of years, i can confirm that you sir know fuck all about hurling.

You were in America? :rolleyes: I’ve heard all those stories before too but any keeper that comes rushing out feet in the air is a simpleton. All a forward has to do is roll it under him.

Up the banner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLjwbC5OBZA

You beat me to it Fenway,KIB is spouting an amount of shite on this thread he should stick to the soccerball if he doesnt know the game well eneogh to comment on it accurately,Clinton Hennessy is a fine goalkeeper,as good as most at the top level.Jamie Nagle and Shane O Sullivan both improved in 2009 over the Year before and are now established members of the Waterford team,all these fellas are of far more proven Inter County pedigree than the majority of the Clare players,hes also neglecting to highlight that CLare are giving a turn to a Keeper for a debut hed never have got had Philly Brennan not made his umpteenth Career fuck up in the closing stages of the League final Div 2,its not exactly the hallmark of a settled team.

Im hoping for a good game,Clare should provide a stern to Waterford but wont beat them you’d have to reckon,Waterford might be good eneogh to go well this Year,they wouldnt have much to fear from any of the opposition we’ve seen in the hurling championship so far this Year.

Hard to know what to make of tomorrow, one part of me says Clare have a good chance of an ambush while another says they could be in for an unmerciful beating…Looking at the Clare team it is hard to know what to expect…If we had O’Grady, James Mac, Gerry Quinn fully fit and either Griffin or Gilli back on form I would give us a great chance…

Donal Touhy deserves his chance in goal and will probably hold onto the jersey for a long time to come, he has excellent composure for a lad of 20 and can be like a second full back at times given his prowess under a dropping ball and ability to come off his line and sweep, he might lack a bit of experience but monday will stand to him…

Full backline is also lacking experience, Pat Vaughan might be the bones of 27 but has only around half a dozen championship starts, people are calling for him to shadow Mullane but I would rather have Cooney start on him as he is a far stickier man marker and would be more than willing to mix it with him physically than Vaughan who is a loose enough corner back who will hurl a lot of ball but so will his man…Dillon is a big lad and has plenty of mobility, would worry about his ability to clear his lines under pressure as his weak side is poor enough and he has a tendancy to be pulled out of position but if he is willing to stay inside and mind his patch he should do alright…

Half backline has a bit of experience, Pat Donnellan was one of our few form players in the league and hopefully will go well,he has plenty of pace and hurling, hopefully he starts to deliver a bit more consistently…Diarmuid has been picked at six as our other two options are both injured and will sit deep and hold the middle and protect the full backline, he is a solid hurler and will hold his own here…Bugler for me is a frustrating hurler to watch, certainly has the ability for this level but he has a hadit of making stupid little mistakes like mistiming handpasses or giving away stupid fouls…We really need our half backline to get on top and protect our full backline…Moran’s style should suit Diarmuid as neither are the most mobile

BOC really needs to up his game and find the form of 2008, we badly need a captains performance out of him, Nickey is a great stickman and super reader of the game, if BOC can put the head down and do the fetching then this will allow Nickey to hold the middle and just play the breaks…O’Sullivan and Foley in the middle foe waterford are no great shakes…

Clare have gone with two very mobile half forwards in Clancy and Collins, both have pace in abundance and Thurles should suit them down to the ground…Would be a lot happier if Conlon was starting on top of Nagle as he would lord it over him, he will have his hands full trying to stop brick and beinh our primary ball winner, if he goes well then our chances of getting a result improve drastically…Presume that both Collins and Clancy will drop deep and look to crowd out waterford in the middle third…

Fergal Lynch has been named in the corner but won’t start there as he doesn’t have the mobility, he will be put in full forward on young Lawlor, if given the right ball he can do damage, I would compare him to a bigger more physical version of Steven Banville…Ryan needs a similar performance to the one he gave against Tipp last year, he need to point every free as we can’t afford to throw away scores…Wouldn’t be surprised to see him drift out the pitch a bit and try and get some ball in his hand as he has a hadit of drifting out of games when he isn’t getting decent service…Honan has shook off a knock but mightn’t be 100%, still he will be a handful especially if he gets a few balls in open space, if he gets an early score he could easily come alive…

Clare cannot afford too many unforced errors and wides, if we hit more than 9 wides we won’t win any game and we will probably need waterford to hit a the bones of 15 wides for us to stay in it…Both sides full backlines look weak and i wouldn’t be surprised if there are a fair few goals in this match

Heart says:
Clare 3-12
Waterford 1-15

Head says
Waterford 2-18
Clare 2-13

FFS…what is it with clare posters & long winded meandering threads

bullet points please

sorry about that mate, just said i would put my thoughts down for the betterment of this forum…i willtry and not have an opinion in future and make my posts all 10 words or less like mac’s posts

just try to be more succint in future

:rolleyes:

KIB Man spouting a huge amount of shite here. Waterford to win by between 4-6 points.

Up the Banner, cmon ta fuck.

:smiley:

Colly Ryan tries to imitate Joe Canning :lol:

Otherwise Clare doing well, super scores from Clancy and Conlon

The ref invented the last two frees.

Waterford look rattled so far. Clare well on top of them. Some improvement from the team in the league final.

I would hope that Cian won’t stop believing despite this start from his side.

That was in its fucking hole a free for Mullane there. :angry:

Nicky O Connell has had a fine start.

EDIT Justice is served.

Shanahan should have buried that but chickened out. His elder brother looks about 5 yards off the pace. Can Clare keep this intensity going for the full 70?

Ryan will cost Clare this game yet