Clare V Waterford Munster hurling semi final

Very big call for management to drop their captain, reckon they will give BOC the benefitof the doubt…What are the alternatives, either of the O’Donovans, Quinn, Bugler???

Bugler was hooked four or five times again yesterday. Must be doing serious damage to his confidence. Considering who one of the selectors is you’d think he’d have tidied it up a bit. Persists in striking the ball standing though and if it was my call there’d be a straight swap between himself and Gerry Quinn. Boc didn’t look any closer to rediscovering his form yesterday and he’s another man who’s confidence must be on the floor. How long can they wait for him to turn it around?

Vaughan…

Gerry Quinn :clap:

Proabably his most natuaral position but him and nickey together would be very light…Would probably go with Domhnall if i was going with anyone as he is tough as auld boots and a great distributor…

Agree re Bugler, you can see the block downs coming a mile away which makes it worse…Thought he had a decent second half all the same when others looked to be running out of steam, would have a fit Quinn or McInerney in ahead of him all the same

For normally sensible man that’s awful shit to be talking about Colin Ryan, how many games and ye are questioning his intercounty future, relax and give the man a chance he may surprise us all yet. I’d also disagree with ye regarding Bugler, Clancy was blocked a good few times as well and ye aren’t roaring for his head, Bugler is well ahead of James MC IMO, he might not be the most stylish hurler but he is very effective.

Hard to know about BOC, and who can replace him in one case your are robbing Peter to pay Paul with Vaughan or Donnlan and while I think the twins from Clonlare should start I don’t know if they are tall enough for midfield better on the wing or withdrawn corner forwards, Gerry Quinn to me would be the best option BUT is he a better centre back than McMahon and will he play at mid field, two other options occur to me what about McMahon or Markham at midfield, both are questionable options.

As for Fergal Lynch in all fairness to him he did some amount of work but he simply does not pose the same threat at intercounty level as he does at club level.

Sorry to replay directly on all the issues WTB

Not doubting Ryan’s talent, but he’s been anonymous at corner forward in plenty of big games over the last two years. If Clancy was wing back there’d be question marks over him as well.

Colin Ryan undoubtibly has the ability but questions will remain even at club level about his ability to perform under pressure…His performance against Tipp last year was excellent as was his free taking throughout the 21’s campaign so his ability can’t be called into question, but his temperment is still suspect…Although he is still only 21 and has time on his side, would have in the team ahead of Flaherty, Markham, Scanlan et al everytime

Ryan had a great under 21 campaign last year but importantly most of his best hurling was played away from corner forward. The Limerick game was a turkey shoot for a finish, and in the munster final Noel Connors cancelled him out completely. Connors did the same on Monday. This is the truth of the matter, regardless of whether people like it or not. As I said already, it doesn’t help that the quality of ball the forwards are getting is so poor. But you either find a way to deliver good ball or you need self sufficient forwards.

Just posting mainly because Pat Fitz gets a mention :pint:

The Munster Council have challenged the Waterford County Board to come clean over their role in trying to have a provincial hurling final with Cork played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh next month.

And they have also implied, in a damning 1,300-word statement, that Deise manager Davy Fitzgerald knew of the arrangement to play in Cork but was keen for it to be kept under wraps until after Monday’s semi-final with Clare for fear of giving his native county any psychological advantage.

Fitzgerald insisted after his side’s four-point success over the Banner that the management were not part of any discussions on a potential final venue before their semi-final.

The Munster final between Waterford and, more than likely, Cork, who play Limerick in the other semi-final on Sunday week, has once again been fixed for Semple Stadium, the original choice of venue.

critical

In their statement, the Munster Council are highly critical of Waterford and the impression left last week that they knew little or nothing about the aborted move to Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

This move, the statement insisted, was initiated by the Waterford executive, initially at a meeting of the Munster Central Competitions Committee on May 13 and later in a phone call between the Waterford chairman Tom Cunningham and Munster chief executive Pat Fitzgerald ( :clap: :clap: :clap: )on the Friday before Cork beat Tipperary in a first-round clash.

A couple of hours after that game, the Munster CCC met again to rubber- stamp a potential Waterford-Cork Munster final for Pairc Ui Chaoimh at Waterford’s request.

“The officers and members of Munster CCC are fully aware that this proposal emanated from the Waterford executive,” they claimed in yesterday’s statement.

The Munster Council has now challenged the Waterford chairman and executive to “clarify fully their role in this decision and also expect that any inference given that the Council acted secretly, or in any way other than with propriety, be withdrawn”.

• Colm Keys

Irish Independent

That a very fair analysis, so who do we shove into the corner or could we go with a two man inside line???

Is it me or are the two lads not getting along???

turfcutter you have a lot to learn, there are two Pat Fitz in munster gaa, the first is from limerick and is as sound a skin as you will meet, he is often spooted out and around limerick city having a few pints and even made it in to the celeb spotting thread and is regarded somewhat of a hero around here, then there is that cunt from the Bridge who is normally reffed to as Fat Pitz

:lol: :lol:

I love it, I saw the lad from limerick getting an awful crying out for a young mother over the price of tickets at the waterford match two years ago, the only time I see the OTHER pat fitz is letting lads into Cusack Park

Now where is that thread about atin I’m after some feed

I didn’t see the game at all but couldn’t believe the attendance when I saw it. With attendances so poor is it getting to the stage that Clare and Waterford should enter into a home and away arrangement as regards hurling fixtures? Something that would be unthinkable in 1998. Sad to see the Munster Championship revert to such a state of apathy among fans. Clare’s support has ebbed away badly over the years but I would have thought Waterford would bring a better crowd than that. With another dreadfully attended game (8000?) in Cork v Limerick surely only around the corner it’s been a bad year for the competition. Sad to see.

There was just about 8,000 at the Clare-Cork game in 1995 as well. I wouldn’t get too worried about it.

Game was perfect forma Waterford point of view, Clare played above themsleves, and gave us a right rattle.

Davy now knows that he can drop the Shans for the munster final and a hungry Ken McGrath and Seamus Pender will come in. Fancy is to beat Cork.

Playing ‘above yourself’ is an impossibility. If the level of performance in question was truly ‘above’, or beyond the capability of the subject, then it follows that said level could not be reached by the subject in question.

1. Statement argues in favour of position which deems performance level in excess of capability of subject;
  2. Example of an occasion when subject reached same performance level is referred to within the initial statement, apparently as a means of providing supporting evidence;
  3. Q.E.D.

Hangblaa has fallen victim of a logical fallacy, and his opinion can henceforth be disregarded.