Club Championships 2017

Paraic Mahony is a more established and proven IC senior hurler than Casey ( casey in just 20 and played in a poor team for just 1 year ) but on the day of the Munster club final I would say Casey has the potential to be a real match winner with a goal and game changing points .

The Connaught championship ?

Who’s in county final? Gort, Craughwell

At senior level moat definitely, at other levels no.

They are playing each other in one semi final

Of the Na P team yesterday, only two haven’t represented the county at some level (unless they did at lower levels I’m not aware of). Three more are current county u21 players. The other 10 have all played senior for the county at some stage, even if just as squad players getting a few runs, plus one more on the bench. That doesn’t count Dowling who is injured.

Has a venue been confirmed for Munster final?

All Munster Finals, until further notice, will be played in De PĂĄirc.

Has this been confirmed? I hope it’s the case personally.

I know you’d say that, and obviously Mahony is an excellent player. They two are not really alike at all, so it is very hard to compare them. I think it’d really come down to the type of player a team needs. And I definitely think a player of Casey’s mould is more valuable to Na Piarsaigh than a Mahony type. Maybe the reverse is true for Ballygunner, they do have a lot of other pacy forwards.

At the risk of being accused of county bias, I think St Martin’s will give Cuala bags of it (cc @Big_Dan_Campbell). They’ve been on the go a long time (cc @TreatyStones) but, having lost the football final and seeing their double dreams dashed last weekend, they had a welcome bye into the semi-finals and will have had 3 weeks overall to get ready for 19th November. Who’s at home in this game actually? St Martin’s are possibly a little too reliant on Rory O’Connor for scores but I’ve been very impressed with them.

There’s a lot of county bias there.

1 Like

Sounds like Martins are gassed

Dessie Cahill’s Cuala looked very strong yesterday.

Na Piarsaigh and Cuala would be some final for latte sippers .

Where is the NaP v Bally G game set for, Thurles?

Would you ever FOAD?

Would be some final. Would attract hundreds.
The middle class urbanistation of GAA would be complete.

Has to be Thurles unless Frank pulls a stroke

Go Frankie…