Club Championships 2018

Has Varley come on as well?

I’m pretty sure Vincent’s would have more blow ins than judes.

Yep

I heard judes had 8 country lads starting

Goal for judes. Intercounty subs making no impact for vins

Didn’t realise there was that many. Vin’s have a fair few too. Off the top of my head. Fennell, Concarr, varley, Lorcan Calvin, Lorcan smyth and Brendan Egan.

Lorcan Smyth just sent off.

Or not! Ref retracted the second yellow, must have noted another booking wrong. Scenes.

Ref all over the shop. It wasn’t a second yellow

Some hammering. 2-9 to 0-6. Vincent’s were 1/4

Not going to be Vincents day. Missing chances they would normally score blindfolded

First game was a cracker. A brian o Driscoll style clash of cultures between cuala and thomas davis. Lots of hard tackling and good play. But the toughest pressure that was applied was by des cahill to his maor foirne bib. Hope he buys it a few pints after.

1-3 without reply over the final few minutes saw Mount Leinster Rangers beat St Mullins 3-10 to 1-13 in a game St Mullins looked the better hungrier team from the start. St Mullins sending for an off the ball incident half way through second half ultimately a big turning point.

2 Likes

Was it a good final Geoff ? and with Cuala gone will they fancy a crack a Leinster ?

I was pleased enough for Judes until I saw that disease Billy Sheehan coming on as a sub for them.

3 Likes

It was a very enjoyable match. Tough hard hurling, plenty of good scores, boiled over a few times but didn’t get completely out of hand. Rangers have only about 6 of starting team that got to the All Ireland Final 5 years ago. They’ve brought through a lot of their good underage players of recent years. Don’t see them making an impact on Leinster Championship.

1 Like

Gabriel’s win London SHC .

1 Like

An old power have re-asserted themselves in Kilkenny. Bennettsbridge into their first Kilkenny final since 1974.

Correct and right.

1 Like

The Master of the Hand Pass :clap:

Ex Peregrines players Stuey Lowndes and Robbie McCarthy do the business for Dunboyne as they beat Summerhill in the Meath football final.