Club Championships 2019

2000 Rathnew v Na Fianna ???

Would Borris be worth a E100 punt?

No from what Iā€™ve seen.

So Ballyhale to beat Ballygunner in the final?

That was 2001

Na Fianna went on an epic voyage that year when they drew with Sarsfields and then won the replay but used too many subs then beat Sarsfields in a rearranged third game on their own ground then drew with Rathnew then finally lost to Rathnew after extra time in a replay

I think they played five Sundays in a row up to and including December 23rd

I attended the rearranged third game against Sarsfields and the drawn final but not the replay

That drawn final was my seventh and last Leinster Club Football final to attend, of which four were around the hallowed turf of St. Conlethā€™s Park

Iā€™d guess that 2001 final replay was the last one to be played there @ChairmanDan but open to correction

Na Fianna lost the 2000 final to Carlowā€™s Oā€™Hanrahanā€™s in Portleix

CKR FM used have have a great Sunday Sports programme around that time including a trivia quiz

Clem Ryan was presenter

Iā€™ve a sneaky suspicion Ballygunnar could take Ballyhale this year

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping Slaughtneil take them in the semi final!

Borris have some outstanding talent right across the team but yet are given little to no chance against Ballygunner. I know Tipp teams rarely take the club cā€™ship serious when it gets beyond their own border but a team of this pedigree surely goes out to win?

Borris to beat the spread with a 5pt start?

2 Likes

The thing with borrisileigh is they some brilliant leaders down the spine of their team but if ballygunner play down the wings they will destroy them.

For borrisileigh to win Maher, Stapleton and McCormack need to have the games of their lives.

1 Like

Conditions here give Borris a chance

Brain dead from the keeper

Fucking goalies :joy:

Borris giving them plenty of it here, but Ballygunnar look to have too much class

Just tuned into this, lovely top of the ground conditions in Cork.

Iā€™d be better than Shane Sullivan at this stage.

Dam Mc is some man to manufacture a free by getting someoneā€™s hurley tangled around his neck.

Score lads?

7-5 to Gunners

Ballygunner up 7pts to 5.

Borris full forward is some wrecking ball of a player.