Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

The defending must be shite

Kiltoom is their home field I’m pretty sure

1 Like

The fact that it’s about a quarter of a mile in off the Knockcroghery/ Athlone road adds to the feeling of “fortress” to it. You could be ambushed before you’d get back on the main road if you weren’t careful. There’s a mighty bitterness between themselves and Clan na Gael who would be neighbouring parishioners afaik.

They’ve a grand setup there all jokes aside

1 Like

It’s great. There are no “systems”

Callan looked lovely there for Shamrocks Tullaroan @Locke @Piles_Hussain. Lowry Meagher must have been spinning in his grave.

1 Like

Generally a provincial match especially a final will be played at a county ground though. Brigid’s had another “home” final in 2013 and it was in Dr. Hyde Park (shudder). Perhaps it was out of action at the time?

@Fagan_ODowd Will ye give Ballygunner a game of it? I hear Philip Mahony is gone for the year and Austin looks to be at the peak of his powers.

Brigids were banned from hosting provincial club games at their home grounds after that.

Crossmaglen kicked the shit out of St. Galls on their home pitch in 2010 and the same fate befell them.

It’s a grand spot now that all the new stuff is done. I think the seats in the stand came from the old PuC. The long tunnel is a big loss though, used to be some great scraps in the doorway of it back in the day.
I imagine Ballyhale were hurling with red ears after the fiasco against the Bridge the week before.

1 Like

Have Leitrim Gaels any real chance of winning the Senior championship ???

No. The bookies have this right, Mohill look unbeatable and are probably 1/8 to beat Leitrim Gaels in the s/f. LG were Intermediate until last year and while improving have a bit to go yet. They can lapse into bursts of indiscipline that go beyond jersey pulling and need to address it. Mohill by 10 is the number here.

1 Like

Ok - a friend has sons playing for them

1 Like

Was one of those sons “out of bounds” last Sunday?
Actually I haven’t heard the term in years, everyone just calls it suspended now…

Not based on what I saw at the weekend.

I don’t know

ah sure it was like a backs and forwards game, 3 men around him and noone touched him

There is no doubt that the inter county game has gone boring. More chance of spontaneity at club level.

2 Likes

Ballygunner and Borris the pick of the lot over the last 5 years in Munster. In Football, Clonmel and Nemo would be the big one, because of the late drama.