Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

I’ve consulted with the committee and agreed to make Pairc na nGael Askeaton available.

1 Like

I would think Mallow would be a grand venue for it.

2 Likes

Hopefully Covid doesn’t affect the clubs involved here especially the big one on Sunday evening in Cork.

Slaughtneil will really fancy beating whoever wins on Sunday evening.

Tight pitch in Parnell park will suit them. Should have turned over NAP there a few years back. Gave Ballyhale a great game in Newry a few years back also.

I could see them turning over Ballygunner. Kilmallock not so easily though.

They had numerical advantage v Na P that day and Na P still won relatively comfortable

They were very unlucky v Ballyhale 2 years back

1 Like

I think they’d admit themselves that in 2018 they fucked themselves up with dual thing. Still played well for 45 minutes v Na Piarsaigh before The Dow saved the day.

Nemo beat them in the football 2 weeks later ffs

They were brilliant vs Ballyhale in 2020 and they were seething with Fergal Horgan over a few things.

A 2 week turnaround after a Munster Club win is very tight. Generally whoever wins that celebrates hard for a week.

Kilmallock have a few weddings this week which isn’t ideal prep. I hope none of them get covid. On the flip side Ballygunners obsession with this competition means the pressure they have put themselves under is insane.

Shane Dowling got a good goal but Na P would have won regardless . He wasn’t fit and was a bit peripheral outside the goal

Almost as bad as your obsession with Kilmallock

1 Like

And fair city

1 Like

Ya Slaughtneil folded easily enough in the end but it was The Dow that frightened the shit out of them initially.

Good preview of Sunday’s game here. cc @balbec

Graham Mulstachey

get a grip, man, for fuck sake

Catch him by the handlebars?

1 Like

It will be a case of taches to taches, dust to dust for Kilmallock.

A pity the 3rd round of the FA Cup clashes with such a big weekend of club GAA action

Anyone able to copy and paste this up? Thanks.

FRI, 07 JAN, 2022 - 00:05

PAUL KEANE

Pauric Mahony has insisted that “nice boys win nothing” as Ballygunner close in on AIB Munster club hurling championship success.

The Waterford kingpins, unbeaten in 43 championship games within their county and eight-in-a-row title holders, dug deep again to overcome Loughmore-Castleiney in terrible conditions in last month’s provincial semi-final.

Tipperary stars Noel and John McGrath were both sent off for Loughmore in Dungarvan with manager Frankie McGrath suggesting his team didn’t receive “fair play”.

Paddy Leavey of Ballygunner awaits medical attention after the incident with Noel McGrath

Paddy Leavey of Ballygunner awaits medical attention after the incident with Noel McGrath

Noel McGrath was dubiously sent off for a shoulder to the chest of a Ballygunner player who collapsed to the ground. Loughmore manager McGrath claimed that, moments earlier, “somebody put a hurley into Noel’s helmet” in an off-the-ball incident that went unpunished.

There was debate on social media too about various incidents in the game though experienced forward Mahony shrugged.

“For myself over the last couple of years, I’ve learned how to deal with social media,” he said. “There could be 10 good things but there will always be one bad thing (highlighted). So I’ve become good at blocking that out.”

Speaking generally about the character and determination required to keep winning game after game, Mahony said: “I think there’s a saying: ‘Nice boys win nothing’.”

Ballygunner hurler Pauric Mahony. Picture: Eóin Noonan/Sportsfile

Ballygunner hurler Pauric Mahony. Picture: Eóin Noonan/Sportsfile

This could be a memorable weekend for Ballygunner and the local area. Aside from their AIB Munster club final against Kilmallock on Sunday, the Gailltir camogie team - which draws players from Ballygunner including Mahony’s sister, Emily - face St Rynagh’s tomorrow in Thurles in the All-Ireland intermediate final.

“I probably shouldn’t say this to you but I won’t be (at the camogie final),” conceded Mahony. “With our match the following day, it would be a long trek to Thurles. You’d be gone the whole day. You want to rest up and make sure the body is ready for the following day. Hopefully they can start the weekend off on a high.”

1 Like

Leinster football final just starting on RTE2 now.

Canning and Dessie Dolan… :unamused: