Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Clutch from Jerome Johnson

A quick 1-1 for Kilcoo.

Kilcoo have it you feel.

This is probably the de facto AI club final but Derrygonnelly are capable of providing a shock.

Is Darragh O’Hanlon still out @Halfpipe?

Must be nearly 3 years at this stage, had a few horror injuries.

Kilcoo are the ultimate dogs of war.

Delighted for the great Mickey Moran.

3 Likes

They are granite.

It’ll be fitting for Mickey Moran to sign off on his 3 year term and management career by winning the big one in Croke Park.

1 Like

They have a huge chance this year. The Leinster, Connaught and Munster champions will all be eminently beatable.

All stems from Kilcoo’s Feile (U14) success around 2006.

1 Like

They are outrageously ambitious.

On top of their management team costing north of £100k per year they have their own Kit Van that any county team would be proud of and a set up of Pitches and a Club House that any Dublin Super Club would die for.

All from a Parish of roughly 1,000.

Where’s the money coming from :hushed:

That Morgan lad at centre half back was outstanding I thought. Some engine on him. Kilcoo look better conditioned than most Div 3 county teams.

1 Like

Where’s the money coming from for all that ?

Google ‘Kilcoo’ and ‘Northern Bank Robbery’ and you’d be surprised with what you’d find.

I thought they’d have blown most of it by now, but was told a few years back by someone in that neck of the woods that there’s still loads of it still around.

1 Like

The Northern Bank Robbery was an incredible operation, one of the greatest ever.

By God :smiley:

1 Like

Your man that was charged, was Sent off against Cross a few years back I’m pretty sure. Big, strappin midfielder. Seems to be retired nowadays.

Presume the young full back there today (who is brilliant btw) is a brother or cousin.

2 Likes

Right there,ladies and gentlemen is a prime example why the decent people of Ireland will never vote for the shinners.

The mask slips every so often and it’s glorious to witness it.:rofl:

1 Like

You have a perverted version of decent.

The decent people of Ireland are treacherous bastards who were happy to accept paedophiles running their state and selling out their fellow Irish men to a sectarian state where they were left defenceless.

Exactly.
We indeed have enough of our own scumbags and we surely don’t need to be voting new ones into office (that would make the current ones look like the Waltons) or heaven forbid,importing a whole colony of the cunts down the line.
Have a pleasant evening.

#freestate4eva

Austin Stacks chairman urges Barrs to toss for Munster final venue

January 16 provincial football decider still has no confirmed venue, with Kerry champions keen to play either in Tralee or Pairc Ui Rinn

Austin Stacks chairman urges Barrs to toss for Munster final venue

ROCKIE ROAD: Austin Stacks players celebrate theoir Kerry SFC final win over Kerins O’Rahilly’s. Pic: James Crombie, Inpho

TUE, 28 DEC, 2021 - 19:01

TONY LEEN

The chairman of Tralee’s Austin Stacks has urged Cork football champions St Finbarr’s to reconsider their refusal to toss for the right to host next month’s Munster Club SFC final.

Billy Ryle also expressed his concern that a decision one way or the other was taking so long and could be delayed until January 4th, nine days before the decider.

According to regulations, the final must be played at a neutral venue unless the teams agree to toss a coin for home venue.

Explained the Kerry county champions’ chairman: “On December 20th I was contacted by an official of Munster GAA, who informed me that Limerick and Tipperary were not keen to make the Gaelic Grounds and Semple Stadium, respectively, available for the game. That took me aback as this game, along with the equivalent hurling final, is the most prestigious fixture in the Munster club competitions.

“The official asked me if we would agree to toss a coin for a home fixture in Austin Stack Park, Tralee or Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork. I requested some time to consult with fellow club officials and was asked to submit Austin Stacks decision by 6pm.

“I replied before 6pm stating that Austin Stacks was very happy to toss a coin for home venue. A toss of a coin would give Austin Stacks a 50/50 chance of bringing this attractive fixture to Tralee. It would also mean that, in these precarious times of virulent COVID variants, the supporters of only one of the two clubs involved would have to travel.

“The prospect of playing the game in Tralee on Jan 16th is very attractive and the famed Rock supporters would bring their customary carnival razzamatazz and good humour to the occasion. The home fixture would also give Tralee a huge financial boost and a feel-good factor in the build-up to the game.

Learn more

volume is gedempt

“If the toss went against us, Austin Stacks would look forward to a great spectacle in Páirc Uí Rinn, which would be invaded by our loyal supporters. We would have a mardi gras style carnival parade up Patrick St.

“Alas, Munster GAA official informed me early on December 21 that St. Finbarr’s were not prepared to toss for home venue and were insisting on a neutral venue. I was disappointed by their rejection of an opportunity to have the game played in Cork. I informed Munster GAA that, in that event, Austin Stacks would prefer to play the final at the Gaelic Grounds, Limerick but that we would have no problem in going to Thurles if Munster GAA so decreed.

“In my final communication with Munster GAA about 5 pm on Thursday, December 23, I was informed that the Munster GAA management committee will meet on January 4 to try and tie the details down. I am concerned by the lack of urgency. Austin Stacks needs adequate time to put the normal logistical arrangements in place. We need to know where the game is being played.”

Ryle added that Stacks’ offer to toss for venue remains and requested St Finbarr’s reconsider their decision as it would be a great opportunity to keep the game local for one of the teams.

“Tralee or Cork will get a much-needed financial fillip. If St. Finbarr’s win the toss, Austin Stacks will look forward to playing them in Páirc Uí Rinn on January 16. Alternatively, if Austin Stacks win the toss, we will look forward to playing the Barrs in Tralee where they will be given a hundred thousand welcomes by the Rockies.”

‐-------------------------------

Club Championship is all about razzmatazz these days.

Surely the Munster Council could just tell Limerick to get to fuck. Do what you are told. I suppose there’s hurling there the weekend before and then Munster league etc. But still, its the natural venue.

If the Barrs don’t agree to a toss they’ve the game lost before they even throw it in