Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

He’s been on the under 20’s the last few years.

I presume he’ll be on the senior panel this year as will Sheahan but I doubt either will play.

He is raw but well worth a shot

Actually, Buff, he proved my point further. This is a great competition in it’s own right but when the likes of him are standing out then it is pretty pointless in lads talking about the strength and depth of Inter County teams based on club championship games or holding this competition up as in some way the highest standard or a superior competition, which was my point.

That Conor Sheahan has some engine on him. He covered some ground and had a couple of scores too. He must be near the Waterford panel?

There was a lot of digging and slabbering and it was going both ways. You could hear Dessie goading Oisin O’Doherty early in the 1st half to go short on the puckouts. Big Gerald Bradley went into him a little while later and Dessie wasnt as vocal on the puckouts after that!

The way i look at it Kilmallock didnt drop a player back in the 1st half vs Ballygunner and they didnt seem to be in their faces and that didnt work too well for them. Slaughtneil had to try something different against them and they certainly did that and put it up to them better but hadnt enough on the day.

1 Like

They died with their boots on. A lot of club teams would have thrown their hats at it with 10 minutes left and 7 points in it but not those Slaughtneil boys.

They kept going and going and only for some vintage Ballygunner cynicism they’d have been in for another goal or two.

The shithousery from both sides off the ball was fantastic to see. Goading, digging, timbering. Two proper club teams with a winners mentality.

Slaughtneil may not win an All Ireland Club in either code but they have earned as much respect and affection as any club ever, not that that’s any consolation tonight.

2 Likes

Leavy has a very unorthodox style in that he flicks it rather than hand passes it every time. It works I suppose, he is a great player for BG.

It is something I’m surprised which hadn’t become more commonplace as it is a quick skill to execute and far easier to transfer a ball off to your left especially. I have tried to coach it but very few lads ever seem comfortable doing it. Found it is lads who play racket sports who seem to be more predisposited to doing it

1 Like

Sheehan was on the extended panel last year. And the year before too I think.

1 Like

Why bother when no referee is serious about policing the throw ??

1 Like

He seems to pick up scores nearly every game. Very elusive, intelligent, underrated player.

Kerry people are animals

7 Likes

Here’s the thing, ballygunner were arguably equally athletic, and definitely worked as hard, just were sharper taking scores.

Not the first time this has happened. As a mate reminded me after the Ballyhale game today he didnt have too much sympathy for St Tomass’s getting caught, they were at the same shite against Cushendall in the semi final in 2019.

2 Likes

To be fair to the much maligned Ballygunner, I didn’t hear a word of sectarian abuse from their supporters today.

They were all full of praise for Slaughtneil at both half time and full time.

The defending of the last free by St Thomas’s was really poor. Lots of red jerseys but none of them stood between tj and the goal. Most of them seemed to be off to tj’s left defending fuck all

3 Likes

How did they not fuck Fennelly out of way before it was taken

1 Like

That too. I’d say Fennelly was in the small square

North Kerry