Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Terrible stuff. Seemed obvious to plank someone there to obstruct the view.

1 Like

Tough on them all the same. They did almost everything else right.

2 Likes

Have there been many high profile goals from that type of position or that far out ? Especially that went relatively low through the crowd of defenders. Paul Flynn’s might have been a similar spot but was more a dipper under the crossbar.

There were only 2 on the line for his too as they expected him to tap it over

1 Like

That shite goes both ways. I was shocked as a bright eyed Freshers Hurler to be called “a dirty Free State Bastard” by my opposite number before the ball was even thrown in.

I hit him back with 1-4* One goal and four points.

*It may have been 1-1

1 Like

Yea the last minute nature where it was a goal or nothing makes it even worse. What other last minute winning goals from any type of free can you remember big Dan?

The calling them protestants and black bastards is just ridiculous shit though. At least you arguably are a free state bastard.

1 Like

That’s only half the story posted above.

1 Like

Sean Moran in the All Ireland club final for Cuala v n.a. piarsaigh for a draw. He did the same for Dublin v Wexford in the championship a couple of months later. That one was from a very similar position to tj’s but was not nearly as well struck

1 Like

I don’t agree with any of it, from either direction. Just pointing out that the Northern teams are well able to throw shit around, they’re not one bit shy about it, I wouldn’t be too worried about them.

What was the other half?

They were both equalising goals.

They were chirping away all day. Freestate bastards etc. Went out to try and rile them, pulling and dragging off the ball and constantly in their ears

My man in the camp says his man was “sledging” him for the first 15 minutes only he turned around and said listen mate I can’t understand a word you are saying

2 Likes

That sounds about right

The Ballygunner fans were dead on around us today. But maybe they knew they were going to win or they were shit scared as the game developed.

1 Like

how many senior hurling clubs are in Derry Glen?

Slaughtneil we all know, Banagher were near on a par with Kilmoyley today, are senior too as far as I am aware. The senior clubs who dont get to the senior final in Derry play off to be intermediate champions , is this correct?

My basic point if Derry can produce club sides like these two, hurling cannot be in too bad a place in Derry

@Glentaisie do many of the Slaughtneil lads commit to the Derry hurlers?

I know McKaigue x2, Rogers, Shane McGuigan and McNeill all play Inter County football.

Cormac O’Doherty and Gerard Bradley surely play hurling for Derry?

There are only 8 hurling clubs in Derry. For the last lot of years the championship is 2 groups of 4. Group winners straight to the semi finals. Teams 2 and 3 in the groups play in qtr finals. Losers of the qtr finals then play in the Intermediate final, so Banagher were the 5th ranked team in Derry in 2021 after winning the Inter final.

Hurling is in a brutal place in Derry, the County Board couldnt give a fuck about it. They had a mental football championship this year, 4 groups of 4, but instead of going to 4 quarter finals, all teams got through to a round of 16. Somehow Slaughtneil have dragged themselves above that mire because of a few of dedicated hurling men over the last 20 years.

5 Likes

Aye, Cormac O’Doherty would play for the county, Brian Cassidy, McGrath, Sean Cassidy and McAllister would too but after that not too many. Not sure about Bradley but im sure he has. From what i heard last year, even thought they got to Croke Pk to play Offaly in the Christy Ring final, they didnt put much work into it. The Slaugthneil lads have better set up witht he club.

1 Like

I’m not sure you have the format entirely right there but it’s close enough - think Banagher were the 3rd ranked team in Derry this year with KL and Slaughtneil topping their groups and straight in the senior final. Slaughtneil obviously competitive nationally at senior, Banagher gave a good account of themselves today it seems, and Coleraine have done well nationally at junior level over the years. But when you have only 8 clubs of varying quality trying to push things on tis an awful struggle. And 120 miles away from decent challenge games outside the small Ulster bubble. Realistically it’s not until next year’s county final Slaughtneil will have another proper game to play, it’s a minor miracle how they stay pulling out performances like they had today.