Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Aye your right Halfpipe, its the losing semi-finalists that play off for the Inter championship. Banagher actually finished 2nd in the group behind Slaughtneil last year and the game between the 2 in the group stages was abandoned cos of floodlight failure. Slaughtneil were well ahead at that stage so Banagher were happy not to look for a rematch.

1 Like

With the exception of Cuala v Na Piarsaigh 2018, has the Hurling ever been on second?

Was it an actual goal or a Billy O’Keeffe type goal?

Are Billy & Stephen brothers ??

Yes and they’ve a third brother on the bench.

Interesting Ballygunner didn’t use a sub yesterday.

1 Like

They are indeed.

1 Like

Curious alright. Ronan Power might have been subbed after 25 minutes. Everything he did went wrong. The light is going out on Shane Sullivan career too. Half back line was a very definite weakness yesterday.

It was more Mossy Dowling than Shane Dowling, I’ll put it like that

Did they not alternate every second year for the most part?

2 Likes

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see ballygunner beating ballyhale …

Slaughtneil really targeted them alright and got plenty of joy which they also got vs Ballyhale 2 years ago. That game effectively ended Michael Fennelly’s career.

I’m not sure Ballyhale are anywhere near as athletic as Slaughtneil though so it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out in Croke Park.

2020 - Hurling first
2019 - Hurling first
2018 - Football first
2017 - Hurling first
2016 - Hurling first
2015 - Hurling first
2014 - Hurling first
2013 - Hurling first
2012 - Hurling first
2011 - Hurling first
2010 - Hurling first
2009 - Hurling first
2008 - Hurling first
2007 - Football first i think

They mightn’t be as athletic but st. Thomas literally hit them with everything, legal or otherwise and ballyhale kept coming back for more … some hardy bastards on that ballyhale team …

The final will be something else.

The shithousery will be off the charts. Barry Coughlan marking Colin Fennelly etc.

Ballygunner will have 6 or 7 lads playing who have started Inter County Senior AI Finals in the last 5 years and they are the outsiders/inexperienced lads.

2 Likes

You would think the finals would be on Sunday? If Kilmacud make final make sense to have them second as they will have biggest support.

Ya they should be on a Sunday but the GAA in their wisdom have penciled in a round of National League fixtures for that Sunday.

Hopefully the Ballygunner fans will find someplace safe to park the Range Rovers.

1 Like

Will you go to the Final Fagan?

I thought you’d have been in ‘The Craobh’ before the game yesterday…

I might. I’ll see closer to the time.

1 Like

It’s called “Chiarans” by the locals. Great spot for a pre or post game refreshment.

1 Like