Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Great, concise summation. A breath of fresh air commentary, totally devoid of rancorous, partitionist comments along lines frequently seen here. Maith thú agus cómhgáirdeas do muintir an Dún.

1 Like

Roy has spoken

2 Likes

If Roy had been on his A game he’d have gone Powerful, Unforgettable, Beautiful. PUB….

4 Likes
1 Like

Sean Finn is like Trent AA for hurling. He makes corner back sexy for the first time.

John Blondie Horgan did that 50 years ago long before Sean Finn existed

6 Likes

A lot of the Limerick lads that are new to hurling, I’d imagine have never heard of John Horgan before.

5 Likes

No one will forget his attempt to decapitate Ollie O’Connor in the 1980 Munster Final.

1 Like

I remember reading an interview with him years ago and he said something like all Ireland wins are easily forgotten when your getting up in the middle of the night a few days later to do the milk round in cork city in the pissing rain …

1 Like

He was a driving tester in Wilton for years.

1 Like

That was the most extraordinary day I’ve ever spent in Croke Park.

There’s only one place to watch a game in Croke Park and that’s in the centre of the Hogan Stand and myself and @Fat_Pox were lucky enough to be basically about 2 foot away from the Ballygunner and Kilcoo subs.

The absolute pandemonium when the late goals went in was iconic to say the least. When Mason took the last puckout and the whistle went, seeing TJ Reid, Fennelly, Cody and Mullen sink to the ground was something.

The hurling was proper heavyweight stuff from the get go. Ian Kenny gave an exhibition on Cody while at the other end Richie Reid was lording it. Ballygunner weren’t getting much change up front outside of Dessie who was phenomenal. Pauric Mahony missed a bit but came good coming down the stretch. The much maligned Barry Coughlan and Paddy Leavy won a few vital balls too late on. The finish, oh my god you couldn’t write it.

The football was a slow burner but we all got what we wanted in the end. Kilmacud made a triple substitution in normal time which weakened them a fair bit while Kilcoo only used the bare 17 players bringing lads on who were taken off earlier. Mickey Moran and Gilligan earn every cent managing them by the carry on of their subs and parishioners who all seemed to have their own opinions on what switches needed to be made. The atmosphere at full was absolutely amazing and seeing grown men like Darragh O’Hanlon crying was good for the soul.

23 Likes

That’s the way Mayo lose their all irelands, not win them

Just watching the games back this morning.

A huge pity TG4 cut off their coverage of the presentation for the football. There was an amazing moment when Laverty and Brannigan refused to lift the cup until Mickey Moran joined them on the podium. Mickey had gone missing at the full time whistle and they’d to get one of the subs to go off and find him.

I don’t know what he does or brings to the party but their love and affection for him in Kilcoo seems to be off the scale.

1 Like

Moran shook off some Kilcoo fella and sought out the Crokes manager right on the full time whistle. It was a very decent act. I imagine he’s delighted with the win but not sure he has a huge grá for Kilcoo

Right in the daddy feels

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how they get on from here.

Their subs bench was made up of 4 or 5 veterans who would have been starting circa 2012 to 2017 and the rest were young lads who wouldn’t have looked out of place in the Primary Game at half time.

If those auld lads retire (Laverty too) and Mickey Moran steps away it’ll be hard for them to stay at the top table.

They’ll have to wait for the young Branagans and Lavertys to come through.

This is amazing.

1 Like
2 Likes

Roy is spreading this US Twitter style saccharine on far too thickly.

The bare facts of the moment do a much better job of selling it.