Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

It could get worse. Surely more teams will copy Kilcoo’s boring template. Need teams like Crossmaglen, Dr Crokes and Corofin back at the top.

Vincents were great to watch too

Kilcoo or Newtownshandrum, which is bigger?
Are they the smallest parishes to win All Ireland’s??

Newtownshandrum would be slightly smaller but not a whole pile in it.

Caltra would have been in and around the same size too.

I think it was just a slightly weaker year. Corofin, Slaughtneil and Dr. Crokes are past their prime. It was a more open club championship than normal. A Naas team who hadn’t won Kildare in 31 years reaching a Leinster final probably showcases that.

1 Like
2 Likes

Marty out in the middle of a river there (the Suir)

3 Likes

Marty shivering on the quays there in Waterford. Looking haggard enough

He loves running water

Hon Kilcoo

what is the population of the place? 1000 people?

About that.

If a small club can keep everyone around, success is very possible. Loughmore, Slaughtneil, Kilcoo, Ballyhale etc.

The problems arise when you lose lads to Dubai, Australia etc. Small clubs can’t afford to lose anyone .

1 Like

A very average Crokes team got to the final without any county player. I can’t ever remember any team winning it in football or hurling without an established county starter. Mannion got them through Dublin. A half fit Cian O Sullivan would have seen them over the line the last day.

2 Likes

Predictions for 2022 club finals

Na Pairsaigh v St Thomas’s

Crossmaglen v Ballymun (one last throw of the dice)

Ballygunner are only getting stronger lads. Hard to see who young Fitzgerald will replace off that team

1 Like

Think Corofin might have a cut at it again next year.

Their new manager is meant to be very good.

I’d say Ballygunner will do back to back now in hurling. They’ll be liberated after Saturday and are so reliable. They always turn up whereas with Na Piarsaigh these days they seem to be wildly inconsistent.

Glen will be hard bet in the football I’m going to say.

1 Like

Fancy boden to have a right crack at football over next two years …

Great to see the Kilcoo and Ballygunner lads reach out to eachother on Twitter about meeting up for Joint Celebrations during the week.

There’s a bit of an issue developing now between Liam Cahill and the Ballygunner lads. The Ballygunner lads have a trip away booked to see Man United play Atletico Madrid in the Champions League next week while Cahill wants them back in training.

I hope Cahill doesn’t make a balls of it and ostracize Dessie and Co.

1 Like

Billy O Keeffe.

1 Like

I’d say he’ll keep his powder dry. Nothing to be gained by pissing these lads off.

1 Like