Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

At what point can they meet Mickey Moran’ s Kilcoo in Ulster?

That will be absolutely box office

Semi final. Glen have to beat Donegal and Monaghan champions, Kilcoo have to beat Cavan champions. I expect it to happen and it will draw a huge crowd.

1 Like

Fuck Kilcoo. This is a Wattys and Gowna forum

Nass give their manager the road and go on to win the county title.

The cult of the manager is dead

Speech must have been good. I’d like to thank myself for managing the team. Fair play to me

‘but there’s one man who needs no introduction’… me

Yeah he played 1 year, think it was 2008. He was only 18 and the senior team was in bad shape so wasnt an ideal situation for him.

1 Like

Prelim
Eunans v Glen

QFs
Coalisland/Dromore v Derrygonnelly/Enniskillen
Aghagallon/Creggan v Cross/Clann
Ramor/Gowna v Kilcoo
Scotstown v Eunans/Glen

1 Like

Could be wrong but I can’t see Eunan’s coming off the beer long enough to have a training session.

Glen have a difficult path to an Ulster.

Eunans
Scotstown
Probably Kilcoo
And then likely Cross or Tyrone champs in the final

If Glen don’t win Ulster this year then it’s a sad indictment for Derry club football.

They have won their knockout Championship games by:

Last 16 - 20 points winning margin
QF - 17 points winning margin
SF - 23 points winning margin
F - 9 point winning margin

Avg winning margin of 17.25 points in the Championship proper.

I’d say they’ll do well to sober up in time for it.

In contrast to the Tyrone Championshio

Dromore:
Prelim: 2 point win
Last 16: 4 point win AET
QF: 5 point win AET
SF: 2 point win

Coalisland:
Last 16: 2 point win
QF: 1 point win
SF: 1 point win

You can’t beat a Championship which is a meritocracy.

That 4 different winners of the Derry championship in the last 4 years, and their champions are generally contenders in Ulster after though. Glen are 11/8 with the bookies now to win Ulster which is a very short price considering its their first time in the competition and they have as difficult a path as possible.
Kilcoos winning margin in Down this year was 6 points, 3, 1 after extra time, 2 & 2.

Emm Slaughtneil are the only club in Derry who have made a provincial final in the past 8 years.

If they don’t, it’s a damning reflection of Derry football if they are able to swat aside everything in the county with such ease and come up short.

Yes but they have won 3 of them in that period, and made 2 All-Ireland finals as well during that. Coleraine won a game in Ulster in 2018 before being narrowly beaten. Magherafelt gave Kilcoo a decent game in 2019 during Kilcoos run to the All-Ireland final. I genuinely can’t remember the last time a Tyrone club side won a game in Ulster, must be going back 4 or 5 years?

Well Coleraine beat the Cavan champions.

Omagh made an Ulster club final in 2014 before losing to Slaughtneil by 1.
Trillick beat Naomh Conaill before losing to Scotstown by 2 in 2015.
Killyclogher beat Cargin before losing to Slaughtneil in 2016.
Omagh lost by 2 to Slaughtneil in 2017.
Coalisland lost to Cross by 2 in 2018.
Trillick lost on penalties to Derrygonnelly in 2019 who Kilcoo beat in the next round by 2.

There’s never really much between any of the county champions in Ulster but for the likes of the Derry, Down and Armagh champions, their club championship can be a procession with the same old teams usually there every year.

So 2016 is the last time the Tyrone champions won a game in Ulster? Its no wonder teams can be promoted from intermediate there and be competitive immediately.

1 Like

The Tyrone champions haven’t won a game in ulster in 5 years?