Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Thanks for that!

You’d think they’d avoid Ahane after their display last year.

RTE showed Ahane last year . The Well will win pulling up

Think they are showing Raheny v Ballyboden in football

St Johns got revenge on Loughgiel this evening in the quarter final of the Antrim SHC following defeat to them in the semi final last year. They won 2.21 to 1.22, Early in the 2nd half St Johns extended their 4 point half time lead to 8 but Loughgiel came back and were leave at the water break. St Johns stayed 1 or 2 ahead in the last 10 minutes and clung on in injury time.

Cushendall beat St Endas in the other qtr final as expected so they go through with St Johns to join Rossa and Dunloy in the semis.

2 McCooey teams in the semi finals! And both with a great chance I’d guess. Would Dunloy be overall favourites?

Mount Leinster Rangers v St Mullins hurling final in Carlow.

Marty Kavanagh being back from injury should make that a very interesting game.

The semi-final draw was made earlier, its Rossa vs Cushendall and Dunloy vs St Johns. I will go for a Rossa Dunloy final.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s huge for St Mullins having Mouse back. There was a lot of pessimistic talk in St Mullins when he got the knee injury that he was out for the year, but it wasn’t as serious as first feared. St Mullins are always good at timing their run, Bagenalstown beat them in group stages but that was avenged in semi final today. Rangers beat them easily as well but there won’t be much in it next Sunday. I’d still take Rangers to shade it though.

St Mullins really ambushed a hotly fancied Rangers in the final two years ago and then went on to the Leinster Final. No repeat meeting last year as Ballinkillen beat St Mullins in semi final.

1 Like

Any flaking or fights in the MLR v Myshall game? Looked like a poor spectacle judging by the score.

It was tame. Myshall are just not what they were either hurling or fighting wise. 2005 their last county win.

I was thinking about the demise of Ballycastle. My oul Da would be dismayed. We weren’t Ballycastle people but not too far away and I had lost interest in hurling but he persuaded me to go with him to watch Ballycastle aound about 1980. That was some team. He always said that they were he best (club) side he’d ever seen. I mind his almost despair when Castlegar beat them in the All ireland club final. That was a superb side. They could “lorry” balls in or they could run, handpass and backup all over the field. I’ve always sort of looked for their results. Must be desperately disappointing now to look back on the glory days!

4 Likes

Sniggers

Did St. Mullins not send a Laois crowd home with their tae in a mug in the most recent Leinster club championship? Beat Cuala too to be fair to them.

You’re claiming a Carlow hurling county final will be a very interesting game.

MLR appeared in an all-Ireland final in 2014 as well. I’d actually say the standard is probably higher than the Laois final.

9th Rangers v St Mullins final since the first in 2006. Score currently stands at 4-4.

Bray Emmets will go very close in the Leinster Intermediate Club Championship this year.

I didn’t say it wasn’t. I dispute your belief that a Carlow Hurling March will be interesting. Are you expecting a fight?