Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

I was 9 yrs old in 1980 when we got the Club Final and remember the utter devastation after that match. We were on the pitch after it and remember John Connolly walking past me to jump on other Castlegar team mates. The score was 1.11 to 1.8, a really tight game.

There was none of the excitement then of Croke Park on St Patricks Day either, that final was played on the 1st June in Navan!

3 Likes

Aye. Navan! I drove my Da to it. I have 20 years on you but we’ve crossed paths! The Connellys against the Donnellys. And you say “the utter devastation”. It was tangible. It was like something you could feel. A speechlessness. Impossible to describe. My Da wasn’t a drinking man but that day we were near home and he said “we’ll maybe stop at at ******'s and have one before we go home”.

5 Likes

Are they still playing in Dublin for the league?

Yes, and it has stood them well.

He was my maths teacher for a bit. A large and quite strange human being.

INPHO_00270306

1 Like

Carlow Hurling Final live on TG4 next Sunday. I doubt there’ll be too many county finals anywhere this year which pits two sides against each other that have appeared in their Provincial Final in the last decade.

2 Likes

Just a few that come to mind.

Cuala vs Ballyboden
Ballyhale vs OLG
Coolderry vs KK

Sars vs Borris
Cratloe/SMB/Ballyhea
Kilmallock vs Nap

DLS vs Ballygunner cant happen this year.

10 Likes

Oooooft headshot

1 Like

Portumna lost to Ballinderreen at the weekend; would that be considered a shock?

I watched it on Buffs snap, they were brutal. 4 goals scored in first 20 minutes.

Joe went off injured, looked a bad one

He could barely walk.

1 Like

Portumna have been relegation contenders for a number of years now. Don’t think it would be seen as a shock

No

Not really. Ballinderreen probably have a better spread of players than Port now but obviously don’t have anyone like Joe. But Joe himself looked like he was carrying a knock into the game and promptly went off injured. To be fair to him he has great dedication to the club. There won’t be much glory to be had there over the next few years.

Good to see Ballinderreen back though. The club of the great Noel Lane and Joe McDonagh.

4 Likes

They’ve had enough glory to do any club

And a Ballysteen man over them?

1 Like

Are any of them confirmed as finals yet though?

What sort of Mickey Mouse county is at county final stage already

1 Like

Exactly. You’re at nothing these days if you have your county final in the same calendar year.