Club Championships 2024

It would be incredibly bad luck if Ballinkillen were to miss out. They’ll be a handful in the semi-finals based on their form in the 3 most recent games. I see Carlow Town edged out Kildavin-Clonegal by a point (0-16 to 1-12) in the defacto intermediate quarter-final tonight. Horse Lawlor back from injury to steer Carlow Town to a narrow victory. Good work for KC to be contesting so strongly in intermediate within 18 months of creating a hurling team. Albeit a good few played for Ballinkillen before this. The famous “Sparks” appears to have reffed it.

O’Dorney men bate the bollox out of the Heigers who will be disappointed after a few good showings to limp out after what I’m told was a poor display

Big one now at 7. The two heavyweights of Kerry hurling Kilmoyley and Ballyduff

1 Like

Ballyheigue had a few chances early on Julio and if they had taken it would have helped them settle into it.They didnt take them and Abbeydorney took control. Abbeydorney have a good squad - Brendan O’Leary, Kian Sheehan and Michael Slattery would start on near every other team in Kerry. They will have subs that can impact from the bench in the final

As you say we have the heavyweight clash in a few minutes

When did Abbeydorney last win it?

The 70s. Haven’t been in a final since 2005

A draw between Kilmakud Krokes and Na Fianna in the seeding group of the Dublin SHC.

KKK 0-23 NF 3-14.

1 Like

Carlow Senior Hurling semi final line up confirmed

St Mullins v Bagenalstown
Mount Leinster Rangers v Ballinkillen

Just back from Parnell Park where Na Fianna and Kilmacud Crokes played out an entertaining draw NF 3.14. KC 0-23. Na fianna scored 3 x excellent first half goals but Crokes more clinical overall. Both teams missing a few key players but Crokes moreso so I’d say they will be the happier. I think these 2 are comfortably the best 2 teams in it and will meet again in the final.

2 Likes

Rathnure look intent on making their stay in intermediate brief. Looks like they’ll be helped by so many clubs having multiple players in Australia, etc.
They dished out a surprising hammering to all Ireland junior champions tullogher rosbercon last night in a challenge game. The kilkenny men were minus a few but had wally Walsh. Apparently rathnure went through them like a hot knife through butter.

1 Like

Kilmoyley Ballyduff goes to extra time. An absolute thriller

a belter Julio

how the fuck Kilmoyley are still in it with the injury casualty list is beyond me

Kilmoyley run out of steam in extra time and Ballyduff ran out by 7 for a finish.

Kilmoyley will be sick. They were 8 down at one stage in the first half. Battled back to lead for the first time in the 59th minute. Went two up in added time and let Ballyduff get two to level it.

Great game. Some great scores

1 Like

Ballyduff will be heavy favourites for the final. But you’d love to see Abbeydorney win wan. After Crotta broke their famine last year twould be great for Kerry hurling.

Ballyduff going for their 26th to tie back up with Kilmoyley. You’d expect them to have the experience and know how. Abbeydorney might be consumed by the occasion

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KK_GAA/status/1814688774820868291?t=8gljplcVZIPleIuWti8mdA&s=19

https://twitter.com/tomasmcc/status/1814711119539315070?t=JRfR9kZWl5jikhEcKCXCFg&s=19

K/K will probably win 10 in a row at Senior and BG look like they’ll do 20 in a row at least. Thats both’s second teams.

That’s the Ballygunner intermediate team.

Shamrocks would be struggling for numbers now. Colm Roche went to Australia earlier in the year too. Think Seamie Harnedy’s old man hurled for Shamrocks.

1 Like

Is that Birrs second team?

That’s hardly Birr’s first team is it?:flushed:

St Mullins beat Bagenalstown 4-21 to 0-8. They meet again in the semi final next week……

Correct on three counts. Colm Roche was a right prospect once upon a time but never kicked on at Senior for Waterford.

I saw both Ballygunner panels and they are very strong.

Interesting to note they have brought in a Holycross Ballycahill man onto their coaching roster for the season to supplement David Franks.

Think Colm Roche did the knee and possibly did it twice. That more or less put pay to inter-county career.

1 Like