Club Championships 2024

Aylward retired I heard.

How have fenians stayed up intermidiate so long in kilkenny? They were desperate bad tonight against all ireland junior champions tullogher who were fairly slick all over the field.
Fenians just looked unfit and not really up for the battle.
They might be saved by the fact that blacks and whites are probably worse.

Tullogher will go close to winning the intermediate outright.

Fenians wonā€™t panic and will win a game when necessary. Theyā€™ll fancy getting a win v B&W or Mooncoin.

They were very good tonight especially in the 1st half. Pat Hartley still playing like a young fella and wally got about 2-2 in the first half.
ColmĆ”n Ć³ Sullivan and Jamie Lyng very strong midfield pairing. Only worry for tullogher is Danny Glennon went off injured again. Shoulder possibly.
Fenians usually able to get 1or 2 wins every year to save themselves. Had plenty possession but some of their shooting was so wasteful.

A Bohane from Portlaoise in the goals for them. Iconic.

Son of John or Mick?

Canā€™t be sure of that, heā€™s hurled with Kerry and was with DLS in Waterford too I think once upon a time

1 Like

Thats an excellent website in fairness to them

I chatted with a OLG man while having a pint after the Clare Kilkenny semi final and he was adamant that this chap will definitely get a run out with the Kilkenny seniors next season.

Would be surprised if Kilkenny would give a Kerry man gametime unless he was utterly dominant at club level

1 Like

Definately good enough for a KK panel. Olg have pushed him up to the HFL. I think he may be in MF in time for them.

Midfield or half back earlier in the year, he said he was as big/athletic as Paddy Deegan with a better strike of a ball.

1 Like

Ya Iā€™d be shocked myself if they did but I wouldnā€™t know the ins and outs of it either.

Heā€™s a back by trade from memory

He is, but OLG are stacked there. Four of their backs played senior championship this year.

1 Like

For KK purposes though, if he was good enough, heā€™d be some addition at half-back. I think they are a little bit short there.

1 Like

When is the last non-KK man to play senior with them?

Denis Byrne.

2 Likes

@Malarkey put a great post up about this a good few months back.

I seem to remember it was a Gortnahoe man who moved to Fenians in the 70s through marriage and and got a run with KK in the league.

1 Like

He played with Dr Crokes in Killarney for 3 seasons and was with Abbeydorney this year

He is a fine goalkeeper - to be frank I think he is the best goalkeeper in Kerry

Mackessy has filled every position for Kerry and St Brendans as some stage I d say bar jersies 1,2,4, 13 and 15.

He can play several roles really, forced to call it, I d say wing back and midfield are his best positions