Club Championships 2024

No sign of cathrach daly either who’d be a huge help.

It may give the rest in Waterford some hope that they can compete but you have to play direct and dirty against them.

1 Like

Other keeper won’t want to watch that back :see_no_evil:

Too long in the air to think about it. Those bombs are nightmares

That fionan Mackessy got two beautiful points today.

Heard he was held well. Clipped two points on a dominant team was all. He brought a huge Kerry crowd. Joe Brolly at the game also.

1 Like

Joe GETS the grassroots GAA

They were two sweet points I saw anyway. Both out on the sideline.

Ballygunner are there for the taking in a Quarter Final/Semi Final.

They will get stronger from there but its amazing how the chemistry breaks down when you take a few lads out of their team.

Watched most of it and he was hooked on a couple of occasions where he was probably like what the heck is going on here.
OLG look good.

Bennettsbridge & Thomastown impressive also.

GBC were a tasty 10/3 and duly obliged v Shamrocks who had their typical opening round loss.

Ballyhale are down possibly 10 bodies. Only half of them to come back. Mullen got a bad red card.

I heard the Bridge were good. Probably fired up due to Glenmore refusing a postponement. The Blanchfields buried their Grandfather earlier today and then played.

Who is capable of beating them or is it taking them out of Walsh park/Fraher field?

I once heard it said that the place to beat Ballyhale in their pomp was a quarter final in some club ground. They’d be unbeatable once in Nowlan park.

It sounds like Dessie and Philip Mahony are in trouble and are big losses.

Mount Sion probably best placed to beat them i would think.

Roanmore wouldn’t have the belief.

1 Like

TJ picked up a knee injury as well apparently.

Bridge Glenmore was switched to Tuesday night to accommodate the funeral and then back to this evening whatever transpired.

1 Like

I was half watching the Bridge v glenmore on the phone so hard to judge but I was struck with the sheer size of the Bridge.

Cleeres, Blanchfields, Morrisseys, Bill hughes are all massive men.

Glenmore were down Alan Murphy who is huge for them. Bollixing by them not to change if so. There not meant to be pulling well.

1 Like

He will be a good addition once he gets up to speed. Natural athlete and hurler

Awful loss to Ardfert.

1 Like

I’d say there’ll be some craic in the clubhouse in Abbeydorney this week.

Ger Aylward and Ian Byrne as well.

There’s usually one instance every year when they look like they could lose a game in Waterford and they come back stronger. I wouldn’t expect them to lose the county championship from here.

The last part of my previous post…

Not sure there’s a rawer crowd to win a county final anywhere in the country than the Abbeydourney lads. Buffs story tonight will be chaotic.