Club Championships 2024

Best of luck to all the lads involved in Feiles today around the place

Lads.

We should have no club activity in the summer to cater for the 2 or 3 lads in the parish that MIGHT go on a J1.

1 Like

Could we talk to the yanks and move the J1 to the winter?

Fuck. Unbelievable. What a solution.

BUT. Is the J1 season specific? Is it more a question of the colleges closing in summer and lads being free to go?

So do we need to talk to the colleges instead?

1 Like

I see Na Piarsaigh won the Limerick County League during the week and Ballygunner won the Waterford League last night.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Na Pairsaigh on the slide for me. Doonā€™s year.

1 Like

Carlow county board could easily run hurling and football championshipā€™s together like most other countyā€™s in August.

How does feile work now? It used to be just the best club team from each county went to the all ireland finals and then played in divisions based on the strength of the county. The host county played multiple clubs then in the different divisions.

I think there was 6 divisions in Tipperary so each of them go forward. Every club in Wexford would be participating.

If I had to guess it would be 11 divisions of 16 teams or thereabouts.

Agreed.

Iā€™m waiting on a report or two from the BOICMC to update my Club Championship Betting Portfolio but Derek landing in Doon looks eerily similar to Malachy arriving in Maghera in 2021.

Oā€™Donovan, Richie and Adam English all lightly raced, setting up perfectly for them.

Barry Murphy and Pat Ryan there too.

They really ought to have beaten Na Piarsaigh last year despite being down a load of players before possibly the worst Penalty Shootout in Hurling History took place.

Doon won it last year.

Thereā€™s regional Feiles as well. Its not what it was and never will be, itā€™s tremendously watered down, but the name alone still matters. You can be sure the Dubs have the warm weather training done.

What the fuck is actually happening?

Itā€™s a day trip? Thereā€™s no families staying over or anything like that?

I cannae understand it.

Iā€™m the same. Surely there is a structure even if itā€™s a bit more drawn out. Is it that the Tipperary B feile champions qualify to play in a B feile against the cork B champs etc.

Nor I.

I played in it when I was ten or so.

We hosted a club from Lancashire.

Iā€™d say they arrived on the Thursday. Stayed in our houses. We had this skills competition where one person won it and went forward.

We played them on the Friday. We won this game.

Iā€™m going to say we bait Galbally on the Saturday morning.

There was club organge and tattooes being handed out and I remember the dicksboro lads werenā€™t allowed eat them. They didnā€™t partake in the skills competition.

They were taking this more seriously than us and hammered us in the Saturday evening.

We didnā€™t qualify for the Sunday games in the Gaelic grounds.

I remember two of our jerseys went missing and there was a big search on. Lancashire lads were obviously blamed. Nothing was found.

About three months later one of our lads wore a Lancashire jersey to training. The gig was up :sweat_smile:

By God. Ballyhogue hurling Division 1 in the FĆ©ile.

Also in the few weeks coming into it Marty Morrissey visited our school. Iā€™m overly sure why.

The then gaa president Sean Kelly visited our pitch on the Saturday for the grand total of 30 seconds.