Club Championships 2024

Imokilly won by a point.

1 Like

Were they playing mixed backs & forwards?

5 Likes

You get the gist.

Bill Cooper is some man to still be putting it in for the division in challenges at this stage

1 Like

A rarely seen tie

1 Like

Would there be any needle between each side of the parish or would they generally get on?

Really don’t think its a good idea to be separate for football as it could create unnecessary division?

1 Like

I doubt both could give five flying fucks about football

2 Likes

Errill give it a bit of hop, they always play their games and made it to Junior A recently, but Rethdowney treat is as a laughing stock. They’ll play it if it suits the hurling and won a Junior C 2 years ago when it was practically run off in a down month from the hurling but neither would ever train for it and may not even own a football

Staying separate retains both clubs own identity, which has its merits. Neither club is technically dead.

Why did they join up in the first place?

It cant have been a numbers thing - Rathdowney is cosmopolitan enough.

It probably means two allocations of tickets as well when Laois get to the All Ireland

7 Likes

:smiley: :smiley:

I suppose it has both a Dunnes and a Supervalu which says a lot for it

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Before ever there was a Kildare Village, there was the Rathdowney Designer Outlet.

Now that’s a memory of the Celtic Tiger…

2 Likes

I got suited and booted for a few weddings in the place. Reebok trainers from Rathdowney Outlet was a real symbol of the Celtic Tiger in Rural Ireland

1 Like

Simply incredible times.

I got a few Reebok t-shirts from there back in the day. Was there a Tommy Hilfiger place there too?

We didn’t know what we had until it was gone.

2 Likes

Well you dont need to get to the All Ireland Final to get the allocation of tickets.

Its great that each club gets 6 now with the Minor game gone from before it. Although the amount of needy Cork cunts emailing clubs looking for tickets is the worst I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

The two bigger Clubs on the Roll of Honour, they were both suffering a bit of a downturn in fortunes and numbers. It really was a no brainer tbh.

That place was some white elephant, you’d wonder.

Borris Kilcotton joined up around the same time also didnt they?

Ah no, they’re a recent enough one. They joined on the back of underage success, I think they won 3 minors in a row with the likes of Neil Foyle, PJ Scully, Joe Campion, etc. Both would have yo yo’d up and down out of Senior. I’d say they’re only going 10 years or so. And it can be rough enough. They got relegated last year, if they dont come up right away there’ll be war. They won Division 1 though a few week ago and look to be motoring well.