Club World Cup Thread

United are playing Gamba Osaka tomorrow morning at 10:30 am and its on Setanta Ireland. Berbatov the lazy cunt has been in bed since the squad arrived in Japan with an illness called cantscoreitis. I hope United take this serious enough to win it. To lose to the likes of Gamba would be shocking.

:wink:

Who’s the South American rep Shan?

An equadorian crowd I believe bandage…

Liga De Quito from Ecudaor beat C.F. Pachuca from Mexico 2.0 in todays semi final. No Brazilan or Argentine teams representing them this time around.

This is going to be epic.

United Team.

Van Der Sar
Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Scholes
Anderson
Giggs
Ronaldo
Tevez

Prediction: United 4. Osaka 1

[media=youtube]QOJcalt3FYM

Here’s how they qualified. Check out their coach. He looks like he’s sitting there waiting for a bus.

yeah sure the world club thing only takes in continental champions does it not? So Utd would be the only European team and Quito the only South American team.

That cop libertadores was some final. first leg they won 4-2 in Quito in a great game, and then the 3-1 loss in Brazil brought it to extra time. it was a really open game tho, some amount of chances in it right up to the end. was on setanta sports, and your man Will Downing was doing the commentary.

United 2.0 up with headers from corners from Vidic and Ronaldo. Osaka started well and had a good one on one chance that Van Der Sar saved. United should take it easy in the 2nd half as the winning of the match is surely done.

2.0 with 15 minutes to go and then suddenly 6 goals were scored to make it 5.3 to United and are now into the final. When Gamba scored to make it 2.1 it just angered United and 3 goals in 5 minutes from Rooney, Fletcher and Rooney again sealed the win. Gary Neville handball in the box and Gamba scored the resulting penalty made it 5.2 and then in the last minute Gamba scored again. A great end to the match.

Nemanja Vidic just sent off for a petulant off the ball elbow. Yer man made a ridiculous meal out of it but it was a stupid thing to do. A straight red card and I wonder if he’ll have to serve a ban in the Champions League or what will happen? It’s 0-0 after 55 minutes.

Just on Goals on Sunday there that Vidic will miss the first leg of the Inter game. Stupid stupid out of Vidic.

Lovely goal by Rooney to win it for them. But yeah, first leg in Milan and Jonny Evans or someone will have to fill in.

Sorry Lads. Was busy in work to post on here during it but was watching it in there. Good win. First half it could have been 3 or 4 if their keeper hadnt of made a few good saves. The Vidic thing was a red and its careless of him to miss a big match in the Champions League over it but Jonny Evans has come on this season so I wouldnt be afraid of putting him in.

Rooney was the key to United victory. :smiley: