Coach Klopp - dream maker

I heard Klopp is going to run to be the directly elected mayor of Limerick. Will be some battle with John Kiely

Klopp was bemoaning the atmosphere and the supporters only last month. He’s had enough of Paddy footix. Salah won’t be long following him out the door

1 Like

Stephen Gerrard :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Gerrard won the Jockstrap League unbeaten with 100 points

1 Like

Sure Lennon did that from a barstool.

@TheUlteriorMotive and his ilk have driven Klopp out

:heart:

1 Like

Klopp’s Liverpool was the rhythm of life for the last eight and a bit years.

My oul’ fella wasn’t a Liverpool supporter, he followed Celtic and he followed Irish players, but he became a Liverpool supporter late in life because I was. I used to push him around in a wheelchair and he’d always be asking when Liverpool were playing next. He’d never stop. He was fuming he had to miss the big game against Manchester City in January 2019 because he was in the hospital. When Liverpool were playing next became the rhythm of his life and the rhythm of my life. In 2020 Liverpool were going to win the league and we were all happy and the football suddenly stopped and I had to try and explain this to him. He’d keep asking when Liverpool were playing next and I’d have to tell him I didn’t know. Then eventually I was able to tell him. The evening Liverpool won the league he was asleep in the downstairs bed beside the telly. I had the telly hooked up to BBC Radio 5 and for the last few minutes I sat on the step of the front porch in the still bright of pandemic mid-summer and smoked a cigarette and opened a bottle of beer and sipped it gently, listening to the commentary of Chelsea v Manchester City coming from inside. When the final whistle blew I went inside to him and gave him a kiss and told him Liverpool had won the league and he smiled at me and went back to sleep. Then I went outside for another cigarette and came back in to watch Sky Sports News and I opened some more bottles of beer.

The last Liverpool game we watched together was the 2-1 win over Spurs on December 16th, 2020. I hooked the telly up so it would be right in front of his bed. He watched the first half an hour and we enjoyed it together and it was a great game. He fell asleep after that. When he went into hospital Liverpool were top of the league. When he went into hospital, Liverpool’s form suddenly dipped.

When my oul’ fella died, Liverpool hadn’t lost a league game at home for 3 years and 9 months. I watched Liverpool losing to Burnley with his closed coffin beside the telly. Liverpool lost and that was the first of six home league games in a row they would go on to lose. It felt oddly appropriate that happened.

8 Likes

Fair bullshit of a statement. It actually took Fergie 13 years to achieve the same.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1750902004480708800?s=20

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1750898938129895429?s=20

3 Likes

Alonso will surely get it and will jump on it. He is set to have a good year at Leverkusen but it will be impossible to replicate. 5 or 6 years at Anfield and then on to Real Madrid.

@BruidheanChaorthainn wetting himself here thinking pool will go the way mango did but forgetting that the pool is a well run club and not a shitshow behind it all with a leaky roof

1 Like

I’d be very worried about Liverpool with a proper manager next season.

1 Like

They may well do as FSG dont have big money, but the playing squad is elite and Alonso looks to be an elite coach.

I’m not sure the playing squad is any more elite than man united just Liverpool had a good manager who set up a good culture. United are the perfect proof of when the wrong manager/managers are in charge how much of a difference it makes.

1 Like

United in 13? That was an ageing team with little substance really. Ran away with the league while others were regrouping.

The current United team is pound for pound the worst in the history of professional sport.

Allison, Trent, Konate, Elliot, Jones, Nunez, Sbozlai, Jota will be around for many years.

They should go out and make a statement in the summer and sign Evan Ferguson.

Sure United finished higher than Liverpool last year with those players? Swap managers united would be better than them. None of those players were bad until they went to united. It can’t be a coincidence that every single player gets worse they have had a series of shit or past it managers who have gone on to achieve fuck all since.
Evan Ferguson is ridiculously overrated. He’s not the new Wayne Rooney or anywhere within an arses roar of it.

Down year for Liverpool imo, lot of wear and tear to get right plus some rejuvenation. Sancho, Antony et cetera were never elite players really. Played in good systems in weak leagues.

Sure which Liverpool players were ‘elite’ before they joined them?