Coach Klopp - dream maker

Klopp GETS Ireland

1 Like

Mikel Arteta is exactly 4 years and 4 months into his tenure as Arsenal manager. Arsenal weren’t in a brilliant state when he came in, but they were in a better state than Liverpool were when Klopp came in. Arteta has done a very good job, but by the same stage of Klopp’s tenure the European Cup was already won, another European Cup final had been reached, and the Premier League was all but won.

What Klopp did was remarkable. Liverpool are always the best (and worst) team in the world follow, but no other club in the world has come close to Klopp’s Liverpool over the last nine years in terms of the fun and enjoyment they have provided to supporters.

2 Likes

A real barometer of greatness is winning the league title and champions league in the same season.

3 Likes

Res ipsa loquiter as @artfoley would say

1 Like

I’d say Arteta has spent more than any club since he arrived.

1 Like

He has

1 Like

Like lads who run posting their race times rather than their position in the race.

1 Like

Ouch !

…And saying they would have won it but for the lads that ran quicker times.

We were basically racing against a lad on the financial equivalent of performance enhancing drugs.

It’s actually absurd that 2018/19 Liverpool acquired 97 points and lost one game all season but didn’t win the league.

Liverpool = Sonia O’Sullivan

1 Like

Was that the season Spurs beat Man City in the champions league?

4 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:

A fine Spurs team. They knocked out Erik Ten Hag’s cracked Ajax team too. A very knowledgable middle aged Spurs fan that I used to work with reckoned that Spurs lost the final to the strongest team in Liverpool’s history. Given the quality of teams Liverpool produced in the 70’s and 80’s I thought it was a ringing endorsement. I was actually a bit taken aback when he said it.

2 Likes

Sweet fucking jesus

3 Likes

It has to be a pisstake

2 Likes

What sort of style does this Arne Slot favour? Will it be more of the same, perspiration and endless hard running or will there be more emphasis on making the ball do the work and a big of guile?

I broke down crying after this…

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1783952412648075381?t=7ZDNFN9Pffa1Ni2KGoViEg&s=19

2 Likes

“They deserve to be happy once a year” :grin:

2 Likes

What an aresehole

4 Likes