Coach Klopp - dream maker

We’ll need a poll later in the week to choose our favourite player of the Klopp era, favourite moment/match and favourite season.

1 Like
Favourite player of the Jurgen Klopp era
  • Mo
  • Trent
  • Virgil
  • Alisson
  • Sadio
  • Robbo
  • Joel
  • The Lighthouse
  • Gini
  • Bobby
  • Millie
  • Divock
0 voters

Bobby lad :clap:

2 Likes

A unique footballer. Would have been an average attacking midfielder under a less innovative coach.

I wasn’t ready for that :cry:

The first couple of months under Brendan Rodgers illustrate that. He was struggling to make any kind of impact before Jurgen came in and moulded him into a phenomenal false 9.

Gotta be robbo. Throws his all at it and a great WUM. the little rubbing of Messi’s hair was a stroke of genius

There really should be an every single one of them option. It’s like picking a favourite song. Impossible really. Like music they all had the power to inspire and to bring much joy. Sometimes they’d make you sad but they’d pick you up straight away.

1 Like

Apart from the World Charity Shield, Bobby stank the place out in every final he played in.

2017/18 I think. There’s something special about watching something suddenly coming together. It’s why the memory of the 2013/14 season remains so intoxicating. Liverpool were a completely different team at the end of the 2017/18 season to what they had been at the start of it. The transformation really occurred around December/January. Coutinho left, Robbo established himself as first choice and Big Virgil came in. By December Salah was mesmerising. The 7-0 win against Spartak Moscow was the moment you knew Liverpool were primed to explode. The 4-3 win against Abu Dhabi followed on quickly from that.

2 Likes

There was some sublime football played in November/December while Coutinho was still around. The 4-1 defeat to Spurs at Wembley around Halloween 2017 was a real turning point and the resurgence followed after. I really enjoyed that season alright.

Although the 2018/19 season was even more intoxicating for me. The optimism of a compelling title challenge fuelled by late goals and defiance. That ended in heartache but being there in Liverpool for the final 3 weeks later was iconic. I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole city had come to a standstill on the Saturday and Sunday. A gang of us arriving home late on the Bank Holiday Monday with no voice after 2 days of incessant chanting and celebrations.

4 Likes

I’ve had 3 Guinness, a double burger, and then 3 Beamish this evening. I’ve tapped out on the magical six where I know everything will be ok tomorrow and also got the final bus home, saving myself 45-50 minutes of walking. I’m on the bus watching that clip. Phenomenal. YNWA JURGEN.

The proper football men of the forum recognise this is one of the biggest moments in the history of the EPL.

4 Likes

Sensational.

TELL US NEVER

What kind of human doesn’t go to his mother’s funeral? :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Are we to decide how others grieve now?

4 Likes

You’re ignoring the Covid travel restrictions at the time then? Travel from Britain to Germany wasn’t permitted.

1 Like

The pyjama boys think they set the rules. A cunty thing to say about a dead woman.

4 Likes

The pyjama boys are replying…

A lot of people missed funerals in those dark days. Sad to see this level of posting.

Thread really dragged into the mud which is sad to see

1 Like