Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

Who would even buy it now?

I doubt Cosgrave is even that wealthy. Iā€™d say the vast majority of his ā€œwealthā€ is on paper and based on the value of his asset. If the asset suddenly becomes worthlessā€¦

Maybe a podcast with Russell Brand?

2 Likes

Hang on. Arenā€™t you a big believer that there is no such thing as a cancel culture and that nobody is actually cancelled?

1 Like

:rofl:

9 Likes

:rofl:

I do think cancel culture is a thing but as far as I can see, itā€™s mainly a phenomenon used by the global right-wing against people who identify with the left, which is the opposite of what most people think it is.

I think Iā€™d probably include Cosgraveā€™s cancellation in this though I do think he deserved to be cancelled for other reasons, namely it seems obvious to me heā€™s a bad faith chaos agent who wants to bring down liberal democracy in the west to benefit Russia and China. I donā€™t think he genuinely gives a shit about the well being of the Palestinian people and is cosplaying Mick Wallace style because Palestine is seen to be increasingly allied with the Russia/China/Iran axis.

I think the below is a good example of somebody being undeservedly cancelled for their views on the Israel/Palestine situation.

Meanwhile pro-Israel anti-Semites are allowed to proceed freely with their anti-Semitism merely because they are seen to be pro-Israel.

Thatā€™s complete bollocks to be fair. Iā€™d wager a strong majority in almost every European country opposes Israel bombing and invading Gaza, and the most of the rest of the world is definitely firmly against it.

Ireland is one of the few countries in Europe where the position of the government reflects the majority of the people on this issue.

Itā€™s this disconnect between governments and people on this issue that is a much under reported aspect because it has massive implications for the very future of liberal democracy itself.

McGuirk is effectively a propaganda agent for the Israeli government.

2 Likes

SF will have learned a lot of lessons from Pattyā€™s misadventure.

Local sponsors dropping it

Too little too late

The FAI job looked more appealing.

He even managed to time it at the exact same time as Bobby Charltonā€™s death was announced so he wonā€™t even get the attention.

Sad world when criticism of Israel is by default anti semetic in the eyes of those who matter. Itā€™s the same facism you see from the left woke mob, which is designed to stifle debate .

6 Likes

Thatā€™s not what he did.

If Paddy can get out without WS suffering substantial losses heā€™ll be ok. His accounts look solid but Iā€™d say a lot of creditors get sorted after the event.

Big chance for Chay Bowes to step up now.

Iā€™m talking about McGurks leap

About ā‚¬6m in real net assets which probably went up after last year.

I suspect he has a lot of commitments and contracts though.