Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

Two lads at leaving cert age came to Ireland and got As in maths despite having no English… That’s incredible in fairness. What’s 2 + 2 = 4 in Nigerian?

The official language of Nigeria is English

1 Like

Electrical engineers making six figures was the bit I couldn’t reconcile

I’d say that’s limited to certain sections of society tho? But good to know.

I would say the rural areas would use their own languages a bit more. There’s probably 25 or 30 different languages there

Edit: google tells me there are over 500 languages spoken in Nigeria

1 Like

The Dublin premium

1 Like

I’d say they are doing shift work in some big multinational high end manufacturing and working horrendous hours to do so. Shift allowance, bonus and over time I’d say it would be very possible but straight 9-5, not a hope.

1 Like

Sparks working solid nights plus overtime are making 6 figures around Limerick, they must really hate their families though to do so

1 Like

Would they be doing much at night?

Yes

Fucked if I know and you’d never get the truth

Some lad going by Tom Neville has got under Paddy’s skin

Id be amazed if it’s Tom

Would he be up to that caper?

Not sure but an account by that name seems to have come out swinging.

Here’s Tom’s actual account

https://twitter.com/TweetNeville?t=ExaQTxQkCe-TipYHvr_1Og&s=09

1 Like

Some snide remark about mental health when Tom’s father, Dan was one of the first in the country to speak out about mental health services way before the likes of bressie used it to get attention

The journalists journalist strikes again.

4 Likes

Dan was exactly right -before Bressie. His mental health awareness campaign led to him cleaning out the accounts of a suicide charity he founded in 2012.

Shotgun and briefcase

I wasn’t aware of that now. Is that word on the street or is there any links to that