Congress 2017 - Super 8 Wars! Edit

So just from the QF stage onwards? What about provincial games?

Replays remain. Provinces, of course, have always had the right to introduce extra-time in their competitions provided it’s agreed by their constituent counties at the previous provincial convention.

Great way for the referees to earn a few backhanders.

In effect that rule is pretty pointless if they are allowed to make changes 20 minutes up until throw in?

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1099601, member: 2533”]Great way for the referees to earn a few backhanders.

In effect that rule is pretty pointless if they are allowed to make changes 20 minutes up until throw in?[/QUOTE]
It ties them to the 26 man panel at least. I find it amusing GGA managers are so obsessed about keeping the identity of their teams so secret.

What if there are injuries or unavailability on matchday? Do teams then have to operate with a reduced match panel? Think there should be some compromise where they can list a number of standby players as well. I don’t see any need to change the way things are but I do agree that naming false teams is bit daft. Don’t think Malachy O’Rourke has ever started a team per the match programme in a Championship game since he took the Monaghan job.

I don’t see why they should be forced to name a team or even a panel any sooner than 20 minutes before a match.

I think this is moving inevitably towards squad numbers being introduced. Teams will simply name a squad during the week and name the team itself an hour or so before throw-in. The squad number thing was part of the 2020 Report but they stayed away from the full package of names on jerseys as there are implications relating to intellectual property rights and they’re trying to avoid a tryst with the GPA on it.

You’re right, they shouldnt be forced. It should pretty much be the accepted course of action. I’m happy with just having them name the panel for the programme, they can do whatever they fucking like after that.

@myboyblue
What’s the latest on this fucktard idea of stopping 18 year olds playing U21 & 16 year olds playing Minor?

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1099622, member: 1517”]@myboyblue
What’s the latest on this fucktard idea of stopping 18 year olds playing U21 & 16 year olds playing Minor?[/QUOTE]
Motion 50, not up yet. God willing it’ll be shot to pieces when it appears.

Agreed. An idiotic motion.

Now up

MINOR REVIEW COMMITTEE MOTIONS (Motions 50-54)

Motion 50: The following five motions are all from the Minor Review Committee. The first (50) proposes that the age of eligibility to play senior club football and hurling be raised from over 16 to over 17, and for inter-county from over 16 to over 18. At U21 level, it proposes that club players be over 16 and that inter-county players be over 18. (Minor Review Committee).

Motion 51: Proposes that a player on an inter-county minor panel shall not play in adult club league competitions/challenge games until his inter-county activity for the year is concluded. (Minor Review Committee).

Motion 52: This motion proposes the removal of the All-Ireland Minor Championship quarter-finals, and would provide for the four provincial minor champions to proceed directly to the All-Ireland semi-finals. (Minor Review Committee).

Motion 53: This motion relates to the dates when provincial minor championships should commence. (Minor Review Committee).

Motion 54: This motion gives second level schools ‘first call’ on players involved with a county minor or U21 panel until such time that their competitive involvement with their school team is concluded. (Minor Review Committee).

A lot of support for Motion 50 on the floor :mad:

Kilkenny speak against :clap:

What motions have not been carried?

Motions 50 and 51 PASSED.

Disgraceful.

Motion 52 REJECTED.

Motion calling on Croke Park and county grounds to be used for sports other than GAA has been REJECTED by Congress. Motion got 37.9%

Cunts. :mad:
Am i right in saying this only affects IC players? And its not being implemented until 2016?

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1099673, member: 1517”]Cunts. :mad:
Am i right in saying this only affect IC players? And its not being implemented until 2016?[/QUOTE]
Yes 2016, and no. Here’s the wording

Motion 50: To play Adult Club must be over 17, Adult County must be over 18 has been PASSED