Connacht Rugby Bandwagon Thread

Where will the dog racing be held after it? Has anyone thought about that like?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a rumour that ground staff in Edinburgh will be placing sand and strategic dog shits around the perimeter of the pitch. This will be advantage Connacht if itā€™s true.

3 Likes

There will be a fake hare on a rail doing laps of the pitch for the duration of the match to confuse the Leinster players.

3 Likes

The Leinster players have decided to change in a stable outside of town to ensure continuity of routine for the big day.

5 Likes

Away in a manger.

Theyā€™ve reached a compromise whereby Shetland Ponies will chase a rabbit around the pitch during the game.

6 Likes

I feel like youā€™re being harsh on Connacht and the sportsground lads, the subs bench looks pretty plush from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=5pFK3extlG0

1 Like

Whats all the sand ?

Thatā€™d be the dog track Iā€™d say

Lolz

Rhetorical questions are frowned on here.

It was a fair question. Very easy to confuse that with the prom at Salthill

Awe inspiring. Stop what you are doing and watch this.

I think that chap may be getting typecast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JORbaMkp0NI

1 Like

Agitation mode activated.

Looking forward to answering the question if I was watching the match next week.

That Latin quarter is as authentic as the Connacht support base, imagined out of thin air just a few years ago. That video has me questioning my devotion to the cause. Donā€™t worry, ā€˜the matchā€™ in the office will be a GAA one soon enough.

True, there are lots of Mayo and Clare people in Galway city.

A plague on Facebookā€™s house for bringing this kind of shit to our Internet over the past few years. Puke inducing.

1 Like

Lovely article here from Gerry Thornley.

The obligatory mention of the camper van that invariably gets trotted out when Irish fans travel abroad.

Itā€™s not an exodus unless thereā€™s a camper van involved.

1 Like

Gerry thornley is an unimaginative drone. I read the sports pages most days, and cannot recall a single standout article he has ever written. Heā€™s our own Stephen ā€œfat cuntā€ jones. Mind you, I canā€™t recall finishing any Rugby article in recent times. Half a page whine about how the beer cup should always be played in Dublin, with only irish teams allowed in as the Johnny Foreigner only spoils it for everyone (including Johnny Foreigner), rinse and repeat. Then into joe.ie mode banterishness until Johnny Foreigner beats lawnster, then back to the top.
I bet the stock homoerotic one page features on how some random player was saved from a life as a predatory rapist and serial killer by his old games teacher and the rugby ethos are being cut pasted and wheeled out across the broadsheets.
I hope Connacht win. My dad used drag us all up to watch them when we were snappers, and there would be a hundred or two people there, and heā€™s gone to every game for decades, but fuck me, Iā€™ll be glad to be away from the joeishness if they do.
The standard of sports journalism, in an island of outstanding literary talent, is fucking appalling , paul kimmage excepted.

3 Likes