Continuity Rugby World Cup (CRWC) 2019 Thread

Utterly . What is really fascinating to watch is the curiosity about qualification , tournament rules and Japanese weather .

It all seems a tad predictable as the top 8 ranked teams make up the 8 quarter finalists

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You cant make things up like that ffs.

yer man was on giving it big licks about the soccer lads finishing third and getting a play off.

Canada had more chances than Conor McGregor to get into this World Cupā€¦ A repechage :laughing:

3 Likes

I see the humour in that but Iā€™m going to urge caution here. Everything got a bit too much for @gilgamboa last night and I need people to ease off on him. He was out of his depth and you have to admire the guts it took to throw in the towel last night. If he comes waddling out this morning looking for more punishment, Iā€™d implore people to take it easy on him. Heā€™s a beaten docket already.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a system used in many sports - tennis, golf, snooker, hurling to name but a few, where if you perform to a certain level in a particular year, you secure qualification for the next renewal. Itā€™s about the top 12% placed teams in the Rugby World Cup who make it to the following renewal.

Japan has a declining population and needs meteorologists

This is a wonderful opportunity for lads here

They could help to spread the gospel of rugby union football and awareness of qualification permutations in their spare time

Youā€™re a good man @Rocko

Rugby world cup qualification is like the Eurovision. If you generate enough money you qualify automatically

2 Likes

Good to see the soccer set circling the wagons anyway :+1:

Wise move locking the RWC thread. As I predicted, emotions running extremely high this morning. Understandable enough as well.

Iā€™ve been let in on the Irish teams plans for the Haka. PM me for more info.

Ireland will be meeting the challenge with a Riverdance

This cunt knows nothing

What time does the 24 hour moratorium on the Official World Cup 2019 rugby thread end at?

Justin Marshall having a go at Conor Murray for just kicking the ball. Dead right too.

even if Smitty had in mind an effective strategy to disrupt the effectiveness of the haka he wonā€™t use it lest he be branded a traitor to NZ and thus blowing his dream of being the future AB coach/manager

Analysing the haka, the latest now.

2 Likes

I am a moderate rugby fan and I must say the soccer fraternity on this site have aided my understanding of the game .

I donā€™t believe thereā€™s too many Maoris in this current New Zealand squad so the rugby once every for years soccer crew do seem to be fretting unduly over the haka. Theyā€™d be better advised to concern themselves with how Nigel Owens will police the breakdown.