Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Its the only place he can play. He could tap over handy points there all day if we had 10 and 12 right but we go with ROF and Lehane. That midfield is going to be destroyed in Walsh Park. The bench is some shambles too.

Connolly in FF (hopefully). Horgan into the corner and Harnedy out CF.

What are they at naming that team? Theyā€™ll be eaten alive. Kingston had his last chance to give some young fellas a go and go out swinging with a view to the future. Waterford should beat the spread of -4 without breaking a sweat.

Heā€™ll get his record in a defeat - somewhat apt

Why is there so much hate for Kingston?

His first reign wasnt bad at all (surprised he left after 2017 being honest) and last year was very good until the Final.

2020 was a mickey mouse Championship.

I really struggle to think anyone would do any better with that panel.

I suppose the sense is someone else might have a different panel. He tried hardly anyone during the league. Maybe they would have been worse but he didnā€™t try them. Joyce is new but a blind man could have called him in

Going back to conor Lehane after having the guts to drop him initially. The work rate hasnā€™t improved and the players arenā€™t playing for him

He had the rock as his right hand man last year

Heā€™s a nice man and I have nothing against the man whatsoever but this spell in charge has been poor

Hes become a figure of fun which i dont like.

My only gripe with him would be heā€™s way too harsh on his own son.

He is their best forward. I think Connolly has the right attitude also. Horgan is a lazy bollix and the Cork crowd fawn over him.

1 Like

Shane Kingston wouldnā€™t work to warm himself. Grand to come on when defenders are wrecked and he gets a few balls into the hand. Had a fine league but different story when the proper meat and potatoes is at stake. Connolly is probably Corkā€™s best all round forward at this stage which is fairly alarming although Connolly is brilliant for his age. Wonā€™t be bullied and well able to mind himself, makes an attempt to stop defenders and has talent and ability out his eyeballs. He actually makes runs for the ball too as opposed to staying static inside.

Iā€™d say someone else might pick a more balanced panel, particularly after the Limerick AI final debacle. He is literally putting out the same shite every week and hoping for a different result.

I presume weā€™ll take an 8-10 beating later but will have a few drinks and watch the performances of Downey, Joyce and Connolly - its a bit like being an NBA/NFL fan when your franchise is completely shite so you try to get some satisfaction from the young, talented players doing well.

1 Like

If you mean physical players, theyā€™re simply not there.

Great running back and wide receivers, no offensive line or QB

And absolutely no pass rushers :grinning::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Says who? Who have they tried? Who have they tried to develop? Youā€™d swear someone like Bill Cooper was a massive underage success or something.

1 Like

D. Cahalane starting for Oā€™Mahony.

1 Like

This I got today from a buddy- heading to Derry for my eldest boy

3 Likes

Best Cork performance in ages

1 Like

Alan Connolly = Robbie Fowler ?

1 Like

:blush::blush:SH was also immense

1 Like

All that abuse you gave him in the past did the trick