Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

You’d nearly fancy Newtown tonight with Horgan out. The Glen are still very reliant on him for scores and Newtown have good players in every line of the field. I think the Barrs and Imokilly will win the other quarter finals.

Is Horgan definetely out? Fancy Newtown even if he does play. Thank god for the hurling this weekend. A feast of matches.

Have ye not called off all games?

Call made in an hour.

Waited for the noon minutes silence across cork

Congrats @Perez2017

1 Like

1-4 from play for Cormac O’Brien; that’s good scoring.

And 6 from play for Eoin Downey.

Newtown are one of the great clubs.

They’d have that bit about them if they went into Munster too. They’ve an extraordinary record in it.

Hon Newtown

Glen aren’t what they were but I don’t think anyone would argue Newtown are either… Brilliant win for them :clap::clap:

Erins Own and Newtown in the last 4 of the senior championship. As if if things couldnt get lower.

1 Like

The standard in Cork is pretty poor currently but it doesn’t mean a championship counts less than any of the rest.

2 Likes

First time Hoggy missed a game for Glen since he was 17 apparently and went above and beyond to try and make it for tonight.

What a servant.

7 Likes

Shur you can regale your children with that, while we in Limerick collect all- Ireland medals

1 Like

Strange post.

4 Likes

Cark hurling is only for washing at this stage, whoever wins it are light years behind BG, NaP or KM

1 Like

It’s gone to the stage that you need to win 2 or 3 county titles before becoming an elite like BG or NP.

There is no shame in other clubs winning county titles if they are available to win, they are just as important.

3 Likes

It’s sad to see what has become of the cork championship words fail me…

You can regale the forum with your tales of multiple championship appearances no doubt - similar to the rest of the Limerick posters

5 Likes

Oh the fat Garda has spoke

One thing Newtown have is loads of heart and bottle. People can slate Cork hurling but what other championship would get 3,000 at a quarter final? Not many.

6 Likes