Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

It’s perhaps not but it’s more a quirk than a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage in the All Ireland Club. There was nothing to say they’d come out of Cork this year anyway.

It’s a pity as I’d like to have seen both Connacht sides win for what it would mean to hurling across the Shannon but the wins mean a lot to the cork and Limerick cunts too

Carryharry channeling his inner Seán Óg Ó hAilpín there

2 Likes

I’d have liked to see the Sligo team win, as they really are an outlier in terms of geography etc, but they were up against a team who won the cork junior last year, had their chance in croke park, had the experience of playing there, and shouldn’t have been allowed another tilt at it. Easkey may well have been beaten by whoever came out that side, but it’s not right imo. I don’t think any team that enters the last 8 of the all Ireland junior or intermediate should be allowed back in at the same level the next year.

Don’t know what’s so surprising about it. He captained the cork 21s didn’t he

If that was me please let me know.

Through no fault of their own, BallyG found themselves representing Cork once again and had every right to go on and win it

1 Like

You’re strawmanning here.

Not at all. I agree with what you’re saying but restructures happen and there was no guarantee BallyG would even come out of Cork with the restructure. It takes fair going for a Junior Club to go two years round flat out as well

Unless they are clearly too good for junior, hence promotion. Of course you’re strawmanning. I never said that ballygiblin shouldn’t have tried to win it. I said they shouldn’t have been allowed. If cork regrade them to junior again next year, is it fair they be allowed in again? A county board decision should not be allowed to affect the national championship.

I find it hard to believe Cork will restructure two years in a row

No, but any county could, and the GAA should legislate for it in the interests of fairness.

1 Like

Tooreen too, a flag bearer for the game in a county and province where hurling is the poor relation. They have taken some scalps in their time and an AI would be just reward for their efforts and love of the game.

3 Likes

A wins a win but that was fairly puke all told. Nice to see lads being given a chance but plenty will need to make a huge leap to feature in the main stuff this year.

1 Like

The dodery auld co-commentater summed up it perfectly “Lehane is giving an exhibition” :grinning:. I thought Hayes on v limited possession looks the real deal and looked the one guy who can make a difference. The team selection was a mess. How many more times do play Downey fullback to figure out he’s the not the answer? The starting midfield and half forwardline, Lehane aside, were at nothing. O’Callaghan, O’Brien were decentish.Beasaung vanished after alively start. Barrett is too timid for the level. Collin’s dropped another clanger in goals. Much to do about nothing after Hayes.

2 Likes

Pocket it and move on. The league match in a months time will be a different story again and it will still be to early to take anything from it.

1 Like

How did Cormack go?

Downey has frustrated the life out of me since he was a minor. I’d nearly give Mark Keane a go at full back to be honest seeing as Joyce has 6 and I’d rather someone with a presence minding the shop than let teams go straight down the middle for easy goals. To his credit Keane has worked tirelessly to make a go of it and his hurling gets better every game. I think Hayes will be better seen in the half forward line eventually.

1 Like

At least you’re not reading too much into it

There’s no doubt about it, Cork laid down a marker there today. With the game in the melting pot they refused to wilt. You have to start somewhere.

8 Likes

There’s some truth in that too, that’s what’ll hook ‘em

1 Like